Yuletide Yoke
by PamFord Davis

The yuletide rush is upon us. Put on your running shoes as we synchronize our watches. Try to squeeze in as many parties as possible. We begin to play an exhausting game of catch-up, as we check off festive calendar events and names from shopping lists. At the end of the day, we wonder how much we actually accomplished and fault ourselves for our lack of organization. Have we lost the peace and joy of Christmas? I not only yearn for rest of achy feet but of soul. I am eager to put up my feet and yuletide yoke on.

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.] Take my yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest (relief and ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls. [Jeremiah 6:16] For My yoke is wholesome (useful, goodnot harsh, hard, sharp, or pressing, but comfortable, gracious, and pleasant), and My burden is light and easy to be borne (Matthew 11:28-30 Amplified Bible)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print