The Creator's Cradle
by PamFord Davis

The Creator of the universe lay cradled in a manger. The Son of God who came to us as a babe had set creation into motion beforehand. "And with this Word, God created all things. Nothing was made without the Word. Everything that was created received its life from him, and his life gave light to everyone (John 1:3-4 CEV)." Mary mothered the King of Kings.

He who Mary lulled with lullabies and rocked to sleep is the Rock of ages. Mary heard the Christ child's cries for hunger and she succored him. As the great I AM, he had heard and heeded the cries for deliverance by the Hebrew slaves in Egypt. As the child of Bethlehem, he had come to deliver us from our sin!

"The angel said, 'Joseph, the baby that Mary will have is from the Holy Spirit. Go ahead and marry her. Then after her baby is born, name him Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins (Matthew 1:20b-21 CEV)." Peer into the Creator's cradle. Ponder the impossibility of a virgin birth and the reality of its fulfilled prophecy.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print