PURSUE YOUR CALL
by Justus Ondieki

Today is the day that the Lord has made. This is the day that we ought to rejoice and be glad in it. It s a day to pursue our calling. Let me quote this book of Jonah 1:1-5 ...and Jonah was fast asleep...

Let me show you the exact picture on what is happening in the church of God. Jonah, a man called by God is the man we have so often heard that he sought an alternative to do things on his own ways. God told him to go to the City of Nineveh and warn it against its evil deeds. He was to go and preach against the people of Nineveh for their sins.

Actually instead of obeying what the Lord God had told him, he sought for an alternative. He wanted to do that which seemed right in his sight. I have come to tell somebody that you got to obey what God has told you.
There is no better sacrifice than obedience! Look what happened to Jonah. He paid all expenses in another ship and started off to Tarshish. He is going to Tarshish. Nobody sent him there. It s his decision. It s an alternative for escape from God s presence.

But where can you hide from God eyes? Jesus said, you are the salt of the world. But if the salt looses its flavor how can it be seasoned? It is then thrown outside and trampled by men. Jonah is trying to do exactly this. He brings trouble to those who were in the boat. While others are fighting for their lives, Jonah is fast asleep! He is in a deep sleep. He doesn't know what is happening. The winds are hitting harder. The boat sways from side to side. They are trying to easen the situation by throwing out valuable goods.
They either suffer and get a loss rather than loose their lives. All this is in vain. There is nothing showing up.T hey call for their gods, no answer.

Then, somehow the people are shocked by what they discover next. Someone is found sleeping. Yes fast asleep. He is innocent. Jonah is the man. He has to explain why he is sleeping while others are suffering. He's to say why he hasn't called his God to save them. Then to their surprise he tells them he is the cause of all the trouble in the sea!

The time has come for the church to awake from its deep sleep. The church is sleeping while people are suffering. The church is sleeping while the harvest is ready. The church is fast asleep while people are dying with diseases, dying in sin, dying in poverty, dying spiritually and more so physically!
Church, this is not the time to live comfortably. It is time to wake up and reach the unreached with the Gospel. It is time to arise to our destiny! It s time to refuse comfortability and do God's will. Let us not seek comfortability. Let's pursue our calling. We were not called to sleep or live comfortably. We are called for a mission. A mission to tell the world about God s Kingdom. Let's go back to the first love, and to the first call. This is God s will. In every obedience to God s voice, there is a promise or a blessing. Therefore, don't seek for an alternative to escape from God's presence but pursue your calling in obedience. May the Lord enlighten your eyes that you may understand what a great calling you have!
Blessings,
Justus


I am Justus Ondieki born again Christian and loves the Lord. He is my all in all. 
contact me please through:
+254724730603
eMAIL - [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print