A Most Unique Fashion Show
by Marilyn Schnepp

Shaking with fear and her stomach in knots, Betty Joan Perske stepped out on the red carpet runway and proceeded to strut her stuff. Wearing a Chanel original, complete with pearls and gold chains, she walked to the end of the runway, paused to unbutton and open her jacket, and then with hands on her hips she turned around slowly, both to the left and then to the right; finally, with her back to the crowd, the tall willowy model quickly sashayed back down the runway, and amidst the whispered "Ooohs and Ahhhs" from the fashionable society crowd, disappeared behind closed curtains...and collapsed!

To Manhattan's garment center this was "old hat"-just another Spring Fashion Show, but to sixteen year old Betty Joan Perske, this was her modeling debut!

Today, many decades later, Coco Chanel,the top Fashion Designer of the'30s has been replaced by Calvin Klein, and sixteen year old Betty Joan Perske, who collapsed from sheer nervous anxiety at her debut, is known world wide as the glamourous, beautiful and sultry Movie Star, Lauren Bacall!

As for me, I wouldn't know a Gucci bag, a Fendi fur or a Gap turtleneck if it came up and bit me; nor do I know baubles by Chopard or gowns by Valentino! I'm not anti-fashion, it's just not my cup of tea.

My idea of Vanity Fair and Vogue is a front row seat to our Creator's (affectionately called Mother Nature by many) Spring Collection of trees sprouting leaves in various shades of green; blossoms and buds opening up to show off their spectacular array of beautiful colors. Some fashioned in pale pastels, others in vivid reds, chic lavenders and modish golds.

Creepy, crawly caterpillars turn into gossamer winged rainbows that flitter daintily from rose bush to snapdragon patch to Morning Glory vine. Dining at the same table is a black and gold bumblebee, (which, scientifically speaking, is not supposed to be able to fly due to weight of body versus size of wings; that should give us a clue as to how much Scientist's know - because that little bugger is flying!)

Four times a year mankind is blessed with a free ticket and a front row seat to a "fantabulous" Fashion Show! The Designer of the Universe rolls out the red carpet; and He, the Designer himself, parades His masterful creation of Autumn, Winter, Spring and Summer Collections for all His precious Earthlings to enjoy.

The "Ooohs" and "Ahhhs" that are whispered in awesome wonder and amazement down here on planet Earth...echo and re-echo through space until they become a reverberating symphony of praise and glory to the One up there who loves us.

Can be reached at [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print