The Confident Woman
by Irma Green

Luke 13:10-13, 15-16 - Now He was teaching in one of the synagogues. 11 - And behold, there was a woman who had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bent over and could in no way raise herself up. 12-But when Jesus say her, He called her to Him and said to her, "Woman, you are loosed from your infirmity."

Have you ever had one of those days where you feel completely exhausted? Emotionally and physically drained? One of those days can turn into a month. One of those months can turn into a year and beyond.

The Bible says this woman in the Scripture had a "spirit" of infirmity. Using the word "spirit" here denotes satanic. The siprit of infirmity that she had was caused by Satan. Her thoughts feelings and decisions were being influenced by the enemy.

She was not able to get herself out of the situation. She had no power of her own. She had no favorable circumstances; nor did she have resources, financial or otherwise. She was bound by thoughts of defeat and hopelessness that she couldn't overcome. Instead of growing strong and climbing higher, she was spiraling downward. The enemy was rendering her useless.

The enemy can do the same to us you know - his tactics have not changed.

Perhaps there was a tragic event that happened in the past, or perhaps many little worries and insecurities have added up and seem insurmountable. Satan whispers in our ear that we will never get beyond this. Things will never get better.

Scripture says, Jesus saw her. Jesus sees you!! Jesus called her. Jesus is calling you!! Look at this, Jesus called her; Jesus spoke to her, "Woman you are loosed." "Woman you are loosed from your infirmity."

Although Satan had had her shackled for eighteen years, Jesus set her free. Verse 16 -"So ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan has bound - think of it - bound for eighteen years, be loosed from the bond on the Sabbath?"

Jesus had compassion on this woman who had been bound, been under Satan's control for eighteen years, He saw her, He called her and loosed her from the bondage she was in.

Woman of God, Jesus is calling you today and He is setting you free from the chains of Satan; from the hold Satan has on you. Woman you are loosed; loosed from your past; loosed from the bondage Satan had you in, from your fear, your doubt, your low self-esteen; loosed from your need of approval of others, from lack of faith in yourself.

Since you are the daughter of Abraham you are the daughter of the promise; all the promises of Abraham belong to you; the blessings of Abraham belongs to you. The Bible says you are an heir according to the promise. So, since you are an heir, you need to claim your inheritance starting NOW - TODAY!!

Jesus said, "woman you are loosed." Jesus is saying to every woman reading this, "woman you are loosed." There is nothing holding you. I want to help you recognize who you are as a daughter of the promise and the value you hold as a daughter of the promise.

Some of you reading this have been bound by Satan for years. And Satan still has a noose around your neck. Just imagine that Jesus stepped in front of you and said, "woman you are a descendant of the promise of Abraham, you are loosed - you are a daughter of Abraham; you have greatness in you, you have potential in you.

That being the case, no more pity parties. No more crocodile tears; no more he said, she said; he did, she did. I want you from now on to start saying: "I am loosed, there is nothing holding me." I want you to cop a new attitude, an attitude of "SO WHAT"

Instead of wallowing in self-pity and feeling sorry for yourself just say "so what"! "So what if I don't have a job. So what if I'm overweight! So what if I don't have a husband! So what if I am broke;" so what, so what, so what, there's nothing holding me - I am a phenomenal, confident woman of God and you better know it.!!

Get to know who you are - you are the daughter of Abraham, the promise - when you walk into a room the atmosphere should change. All heads should turn to look at this phenomenal, confident woman of God!!

Do you know that God has given you the same rewards as Jesus. We are heirs of God. Joint heirs of Christ Jesus; all the riches of heaven belong to Jesus and because we are joint heirs with Him, all the riches of heaven belongs to us!!!


You can say: My Father is rich, why shouldn't I live in a fine house, drive a fabulous car, dress in the finest, have a pocket full of money, eat in the finest restaurants. I've been liberated; I've been emancipated, I've been set free - free to live an abundant life. Free to walk in the promises of God. I have been loosed from what's been holding me!!

God bless!!

Rev. K. Irma Green, retired pastor;  Lecturer/Bible Teacher, Spiritual Life Coach

[email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print