Moving From Pit To Prison To Palace
by Ngozi Nwoke

Does it seem as if life is moving from pit to prison for you or from better to worse? And the scriptures seem not to be fulfilled in your life? I have good news for you; you may be on your way to the palace! This article is to encourage you on the journey to your promised land.

But the path of the just is like the shining sun, that shines ever brighter unto the perfect day - Proverbs 4:18 NKJV)

We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed - 2 Corinthians 4:8-9 (NKJV)

And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope - Romans 5:3-4 (NKJV)

The scriptures say in Proverbs 4:18 that every day should be better than yesterday but you see that sometimes it seems not to be so. Is it not supposed to be so for a Christian? It should be so for every Christian believer.

You need to recognize that though physically, your path may not be brighter, spiritually it is so. The spiritual realm governs the physical and once the spiritual realm is brighter, the physical will soon become brighter.

When your inward man is renewed day by day (2 Corinthians 4:16), your outward path is sure to reflect the glory. Paul wrote about moving from pit to prison physically but having dominance spiritually; they were hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; struck down but not destroyed.

They recognized that what seemed to be a downturn was actually an up-turn for them because it produced perseverance, character and then hope; it was a movement from prison to palace. Their anchor was that their walk with God was in order.

Joseph moved from pit to slavery; slavery to prison and then prison to palace. His initial path was not brighter at all; instead it seemed to be from better to worse. But we see that throughout the downturn period, Joseph was going stronger spiritually. Eventually his physical path had to surrender to his spiritual disposition - Genesis 37, 39-41

Therefore, if your path seems not to be shinning brighter as the scriptures had said, do not lose heart; check your spiritual life and maintain your walk with God. Then rejoice in the Lord, for you know that your light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for you a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory - 2 Corinthians 4:17.

Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print