Gift of Love
by PamFord Davis

I will never forget the Christmas of nineteen hundred sixty seven. I had surrendered my life to Christ two months earlier and my fianc and I had scheduled our upcoming wedding for December 30. To say it was a pivotal point in my life is no over exaggeration. I was a new creation in Christ and was about to take on a new identity as Mrs. Norm Davis. Our exchanging of gifts was special to me.

My gift to him was practical, a Norelco electric shaver. His gift to me was timely, a beautiful white gold wristwatch matching my engagement and wedding ring set. Each Christmas, we give presents to many people for a variety of reasons. The first people on our gift lists are loved ones, both family and friends. From there our list takes a change in direction to feelings of appreciation, obligation or merely reciprocal action. Inspired Scripture reveals the greatest gift.

God the Father, gives the incomparable gift of love. "Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God (1 John 3:1a KJV)." He continues to offer the gift of eternal life and there is ample room in the family of God. "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name (John 1:12 KJV)." I worship God, giver of the gift of love and his Son, Savior and King.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print