Who Is This Child Jesus?
by Ngozi Nwoke

Another season of celebrations have come, it is Christmas celebration time! It is a time to celebrate the birth of Jesus, but then, who is this child Jesus Christ? Many people just love Xmas time but they don't really know the child that was born that precious day and why it is so important to keep remembering the day He was born, about 2000 years ago. This article aims at telling who this Jesus is.

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given: and the government shall be on his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace - Isaiah 9:6 (KJV)

And she shall bring forth a son, and you shall call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins - Matthew 1:21

And one of the elders said to me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, has prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof - revelations 5:5 (KJV)

I Jesus have sent my angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star - Revelations 22:16 (KJV)

Christmas celebration is more than feasting and visiting loved ones, however, the reason for the season is often ignored. There is power in acknowledging the baby Jesus. When you do, you encounter Him and the power He carries.

A child is born in the house of King David, what is special about this particular baby? He came with a specified mission from God and when He completed it He was no more, because the completion required his death on the cross.

When the Jews tried to make Him king He declined (John 6:15), because that was not part of His assignment, He was a child on a mission. I have two questions for you, have you discovered the purpose for your creation, your mission on earth? And are you working on it?

The baby Jesus was born to save humanity from sin and the works of satan - 1 John 1:7, 1 John 3:8. He is the savior of the whole world. There is no other name by which you may be saved but the name of Jesus - Acts 4:12. And God for the love He had for you and I gave His only child Jesus that whosoever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life - John 3:16

Jesus was to bridge the gap between God and man and restore the original relationship they both had in the garden of Eden (2 Corinthians 5:18-19). He was to restore all that you lost when Adam sold out to the devil and cause you to reign in life - Romans 5:-7

The enemy knew that the birth of Jesus was his end and so he tried to kill Him as a baby ( Matthew 2:13-16, Revelations 12:4-5) but of course he failed because whatever God commands must stand - Isaiah 46:10-11.

Who is this child Jesus? He is called Wonderful for He is full of wonders. His wonders has never ended, even after death on the cross, Jesus' name is still doing wonders today. He is the great counsellor, our mighty God, and the Prince of peace for He is the one who brings peace into your soul and between you and God.

Christmas celebration is all about your victory in Christ over the enemy. The birth of baby Jesus was for the falling of your enemy and strongholds, and for your rising - Luke 2:34. It is a time to remind yourself that your redeemer was born this day and that you have been redeemed from the curse of the law and that you are now entitled to the blessings of Abraham - Galatians 3:13-14

Truly, it is a time to rejoice and make merry for about 2000 years ago, God's chosen vessel for redemption of humanity was born. Today, you are a free man in Christ if you have received Him as you saviour. So rejoice and be glad! Merry Xmas.

Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print