Through His Eyes
by Dorcas Osesie

Walking down the aisle, Ann cried silently. Her eyes were fixed on the crucifix that stood on the altar.
The minister spoke passionately, calling for souls to turn to Jesus. It wasn't his beckon that moved her, it wasn't the zeal in his voice that compelled her to move. It was the Love that poured from the cross before her that she sought.
Temi wrapped her hand around herself, thinking that if she didn't, she'd fall down halfway to the altar. She took unsure steps up the passage. She knew that all she was searching for was right there in between those two scarred hands. Yet, fear shook her confidence, she didn't think she was worthy to seek mercy from a God she had abandoned years ago. In tears she knelt at the altar, her fear dispelling by Love.
Simon tightened his eyelids, burning under the urge to heed the altar call, but he hesitated. What would he tell God? That after many years of ignoring His call, he was finally here?
Memories flashed in his head, he remembered Laura, Dara and the many other girls he had killed after raping them.
'It's not about what you've done, It's about He's done!' The minister's voice echoed across the large auditorium.
Simon looked up at the altar where the Cross stood. It was a wooden polished cross. He stood up and walked down the slowly to the altar. He looked intently at the cross, seeing what he only understood. He did not see a polished, shiny cross, instead he saw one that was battered, bloodstained, guilt-smeared, pain filled. And he saw Jesus staying up there on the on the cross in his stead.
David tried to be stoic, using all his strength to surpress the pain that was tearing his heart. He clenched his fist and gritted his teeth. Lola was seated by his side, indifferent. She reclined and fiddled with her cellphone. David stood up abruptly as though a needle had pricked him.
'Where are you going, Dave'
'To the Cross'
She looked at him, perplexed. Grey clouds filled her eyes.
Dave looked away and pushed his way through to the altar. Before him, he saw the long list of his sins. Broken, he cried as he saw it all blotted out.
It was a great downpour from heaven; heaven's doors were opened upon souls. Forgiveness flowed, Salvation soared, Pardon poured. Men gave up the darkness in them in exchange for a new life.

There were still some souls who went back home that evening, rejecting the Savior's hand. It was a pity, many of them went home because they felt too guilty to want forgiveness.
Some, because they thought it was a call to live a sinless life - something impossible.
Others had just understood the cross, they were trying to find the logic behind God's forgiveness. It seemed unbelievable that all their wrong would be wiped off in just an instant without any pay on their part.
If only they could see through the eyes of the Savior or know mind of Jesus. His Love is deep, fathomless. He didn't care what they had done before, because as far as he was concerned their starts is Calvary.
He wasn't calling them to stop sinning by their own strength, if it was so he wouldn't have died on the cross. He was asking them to invite Him in so He could live Righteousness through them.
He wasn't forgiving them for something in return. He demanded nothing from them. He wanted no pay because he had already paid. It was called Grace.
If only, just if they could see through His eyes, they would see Love.

Contact: [email protected]

Osesie Dorcas Agbogun
 Copyright 2013 Dorcas Agbogun
[email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print