Conquest for the Siamese Twins
by Ramona Cook

In ways not immediately perceived, so much of our language is related, or rather shaded, by the intention of the word or words we use to communicate.

We tend to think in terms of black or white, and this or that, yes and no, up and down.

One such word is "Rest." Rest is a multifaceted word. It can convey a multiplicity of meanings.

Who does not love the thought of rest? Most people do.

We all know people who seem to live for that state of existence to the exclusion of meaningful productivity.

Conversely, we also know those who seem to resent going to bed because they are intensely tuned to producing everything life allows to them.

However, upon consideration of the experienced state of "Rest" we know that it has nothing to do with activity or with inactivity. It is an internal experience of confidence that "all is well."

If there is any way to achieve the state of "resting" without confidence in God and His ability and willingness to come to our aid, to protect us, to provide for us, it is not known to me. Life lived by my own wits is not confidence producing.

Jesus says to us, "Come to Me and I will give you rest." He does too, when we finally yield everything to His care.

At the beginning it is a difficult thing to do and it is not done once for all, but must be a moment by moment conscious commitment.

As with all disciplines, the more we consciously live the life of relinquishment of worry and care to the Lord, the easier it becomes because we grow confident that He is capable, able, and willing to be to us what He says, because He does. He is a constant surprise.

God will have things His way. He is God and He promises us that IF we do righteously that He will give many blessings. If we think about it there is no way to come close to Jesus The Giver, and be engaged in living un-righteously.

The conquest for Rest of this sort and definition brings "Peace," the Siamese Twin of "Rest." Both are realized and found in doing as the Lord tells us, and by keeping His Word before our eyes and in our hearts. It just sounds too simple to be true.

Haven't we learned that truth IS simple?

Assembling a complex piece of furniture without reading the instructions found in the box is a stressful experience.

Trying to live life without reading the instructions from the Manual provided to us by the Maker, brings to us so many troubles that are unnecessary. We must read The Instruction Book and take heed to it's instructions.

When Jesus said, "Come to Me and rest," He continued to invite us to take His yoke upon ourselves and to learn from Him, for He said, "I am meek and lowly of heart and you shall find rest for your souls."

It was a long time before I realized that Jesus is IN the yoke with us. It is His yoke, and we are invited to share it with Him.

Now how difficult can that be?

I visualize the relationship in this way:
Jesus is the ONE, and although I am a Zero, standing by Him, we make a perfect 10!


Ramona: 07/2013

Ramona,  Master in Ministry Arts, BA in Biblical Studies, I am an Ordained Minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print