SEVEN QUALITIES FOR A SUCCESSFUL LIVING In The New Year.
by Bola Olu-Jordan

1. CHARACTER: Name is Better than Fame. A good name is better than gold and silver. Character is a smoke!
- Each of you must know how to control his own body in holiness and honor (1Thes.4:4)
- Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father
(Mat.5:16).
- And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch (Acts 11:36).
- Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it. (Psa.34:14).
- If sinners entice thee, consent thou not. (Pro.1:10).
- A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold.
(Pro.22:1).
- A good name is better than precious ointment; and the day of death than the day of one's birth.(Ecc.7:1).

2. CONSCIENCE: Listen To The 'Still Small Voice' As He Talks To You Through Your Conscience.
Don't Grieve Him. (Eph. 4:30)
- When you sin against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ. (1Cor.8:12).
- Wherefore, if meat makes my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world stands. (1Cor.8:13)
.- Conscience, I say, not thine own, but of the other (1Cor.10:29).
- All things are lawful for me; but not all things are expedient. (1Cor.6:12).
- Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honourable, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever
things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report think on these
things. (Phi.4:8).

3. COMMITMENT: What is Not Worth Dying For is Not Worth Living For. Be committed to your
course. Die at Your Duty Post.
- For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. (Php.1:21).
- Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge,
nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest. (Eccl. 9:10).
- Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before (Phi.3:13).
- Then departed Barnabas to Tarsus, to seek Saul: And he found him, brought him unto Antioch. (Acts 11:25).
- Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; not stand before mean men (Pro.22:29).

4. COMMUNICATION / CONVERSATION: "You Have The Right To Remain Silent" You Will Be
Judged By Your Words!
- Evil communication corrupt good manners (1Cor.15:33).
- Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips (Psa.141:3).
- That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, corrupt according to the deceitful lusts (Eph.4:22).
- Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation (1Pet.2:12).
- A soft answer turns away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger (Pro.15:1).
- But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these comes of evil. (Mat.5:37).
- Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how to answer every man. (Col.4:6).
- Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. (Pro.18:21).
- Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth. (Pro.6:2).

5. COMPLAINTS: God watches over His Words, Not over Your complaints. Pray the Solution, Not The Problem!
- We must not complain, as some of them did---and they were destroyed by the Angel of Death (1Cor.10:10).
- Jesus saith unto him, Wilt thou be made whole? The impotent man answered him, I have no man, when the water is troubled, to put me into the pool: but while I am coming, another step down before me. (Joh.5:6-7).
- Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: (Mat.7:7).
- Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. (Phi.4:6).
- Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints (Eph.6:18).

6. CONTACTS: A Positive or Negative Contact Can Make or Mar Your Life Forever! Be Careful Who You Associate with or Copy!
- When the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
- Suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. (Acts 2:1).
- And now send men to Joppa, and call for one Simon he shall tell thee what thou oughtest to do. (Acts 10:5).
- And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven: And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? (Acts 9:3-4).
- And it came to pass afterward, that he loved a woman in the valley of Sorek, whose name was Delilah (Jdg.16:4).
- And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for today I must abide at thy house. (Luk.19:5).
- He that believeth shall not make haste (Is.28:16)

7. CONCLUSION: Always Be Patient, Do Not Jump To Hasty Conclusion That You Will Regret Later. It Is Better To Be sure Than Be Sorry.
- Seest thou a man that is hasty in his words? there is more hope of a fool than of him Pro.29:20).
- He that is slow to wrath is of great understanding: but he that is hasty of spirit exalteth folly (Pro.14:29).
- Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools (Ecc.7:9).
- Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath (Jam.1:19).
- Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding (Pro.17:28).

This year, the Lord will deliver you from the snare of the fowler!
www.cryoutreach.com

Bola is an avid reader, prolific writer, and apostolic teacher. He is a published author of several books, including The Mystery of The Two Churches and The Normal Christian Cycle, among others. A certified Counsellor and the host of the popular Devotional, "Start Your Day with the Lord Broadcast."

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print