The Gospel or Itching Ears?
by Rick King

The American Gospel Exposed
By: Rick L. King
Jan 5, 2013

In writing this article, I hope that each reader will realize that I am just a simple man. I have no formal writing training nor consider myself a great writer either. I just have a message that I believe needs to be shared. I have walked with the Lord for over 35 years. During that time I have made many mistakes, believed many false teachings, and just plain blew it. Yet, through all of these times the Lord has been very gracious and forgiving to me. He has caused me to learn a few lessons as a result of all my mess ups. I have had to learn to view some things differently than when I did when I first was saved. This article comes as a result of many things that I am seeing in the Body of Christ that are so far from Biblical. I pray that you will keep an open mind and remember that I am just quoting scripture. I did not write it in the first place. It is God's Word and what He instructed us to be and do. I think many may be glad that I have written this, though also there may be many that get upset with me as it could upset their gravy train apple carts.

Many years ago I went to a Jr. College with a major in accounting. I learned some basic lessons during that time from the Lord. In accounting, I found that every new principle is built on top of one that I had previously learned. The principle did not work by itself as it needed all the others working with it to function correctly. I believe the Bible is the same. We must not just take one scripture and run with it but must incorporate foundational truths as we view and act upon them.

This article incorporates scripture based principles that must be the foundation of how we think and view God's Word. Without them we find chaos in our walk with the Lord.

When we were saved we realized that we needed a Savior. We realized that our works only left us empty inside and disheartened. Scripture says:

Ephesians 2:
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

We could not save ourselves. It took God to do that. Our job was to just surrender our will to him and ask him to take over our lives for His glory alone. Somehow we have forgotten this basic truth. Most of the church these days teaches that it is all about us. It is never about us. It is and should be only about Him.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

When we give our hearts to Jesus He alone should be the one living through us. We are supposed to be dead to self. I realize that this is a life-long process. The flesh seems to not die out over night. We all have areas within us that we know that the flesh still has some hold. None of us are without sin as we all go the wrong way at times. Paul said:

1 Corinthians 15:31 I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

The Apostle Paul had to wrestle with his flesh just as we do. Yet he recognized that he died daily. It was a process.

Another basic principle of God's Word says:

Mathew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

This is always a challenge for mankind. We seem to want what we want and have believed many lies of the devil that if we have these things that we will be full and happy. Unfortunately that is so false.

2 Corinthians 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

It is the Spirit that gives life! The flesh does not give to us life. Satisfying our fleshly desires does not give to us life. That is why we were told in Mathew 6:24 that we could not serve both God and mammon. Serving mammon is serving our flesh. Serving God is serving the Spirit and brings to us life. God says this about our flesh:

Romans 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

When we serve mammon we are not pleasing God. Money and material things cannot buy us life. They may enhance it but they can never be our life.

1 John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

Luke 12:15 And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a mans life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.

Mathew 6:
19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

What should be our life then?

Do we believe that Jesus is our example? If we are crucified with Him and not living, but it is only Him living in us, then wouldn't what Jesus said and did be true as He never changes. Jesus said:

John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Jesus came to do only the Father's will. He did not do his own. So many these days are doing their own thing and calling themselves self a Christian. They are living to build treasures on earth. I want to submit to you that when we focus on mammon and things that this is taking our focus off of the things of the Spirit and is only a diversion to keep us from walking in the power of God.

I hear today of so many large ministries that seem to have millions of dollars. I recently was told that one told his congregation that he had nearly one billion dollars. My question is this? How is this scriptural? How does this line up with God's Word? I would say that this ministry has heaped up treasures for itself and is serving God and mammon. I hear of other large ministries that have million dollar homes. How is this scriptural? I have no problem with people having money. I do however have a real problem when so many have become millionaires at the expense of many that have next to nothing. Why would any ministry need a million dollar home? God said

1Timothy 6:8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

My concern is that there is either a great deception and delusion over many ministries or either these people have a seared conscience. How could anyone with God's love in their heart build such a kingdom for self when there are so many hurting people, homeless people, and financially broke people in America. How do they sleep at night? How can they have the audacity to ask people for money to support their lavish life styles? This is not scriptural. If they have that much money then it should be used to help others instead of just themselves. If it is Jesus living in them and doing the will of His Father alone, then how does this line up with scripture?

The message preached is that we are to give to God. That is true. But who is getting the money and why is it so used to support a lavish lifestyle for a very few? I must question this according to scripture.

Ac 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons.

God is no respecter of persons. The world sees this and the devil has a hay day with it. The unsaved see a church all about money and are disheartened and want nothing to do with it, rightly so. The unsaved need to find a Savior, healer, and a deliverer. They need to experience the real gospel of the power of God in their lives. The real gospel is God's power to change lives with a personal relationship with Jesus Christ so that people may gain intimacy with the one that created them. Money will not give peace in a person's heart. Money cannot buy the love of God. Money cannot buy the power of the Holy Spirit.

Remember when Jesus needed the ass?

Mathew 21:2 Saying unto them, Go into the village over against you, and straightway ye shall find an ass tied, and a colt with her: loose them, and bring them unto me.

Granted this was a different time than now. Yet if he wanted us to think that we were to have the best things of this world, then why was he riding an ass? He could have had a chariot made with cushy seats and golden trim with the finest of woods. Jesus did not ever push for fancy things for himself. I also remember the devil trying to tempt Jesus:

Mathew 4:
8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

Can the church not see that the devil is still using this on mankind? As long as man has his heart on things of this world he has his focus incorrect and has accepted the devil's lie and substitute. The only way that we walk in real power is when our focus is singular on Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and doing His will alone. The many people that are supporting these ministries must not be listening to the Holy Spirit. What possible motive could it be to send money to someone that already has millions. These ministries are fleecing and raping the body of Christ. The only reason that I can see is that man wants to be able to feed their flesh also because of the false teaching in the church. The words spoken by these so-called ministries are spoken and accepted because of itching ears. The people are wanting money so these messages play right into their selfish desires. The people are gullible and have not looked at the fruit of the ministry very closely. If the Lord says give to them than I have no problem yet I would question as to whom is telling people to give to them. They are using it for themselves. They are very poor stewards of God's resources. Rather than having a million dollar home for self, would it not be more rewarding to go and build several homes and give them away to people that are in desperate need? Wouldn't that be a Gospel that other people would be drawn to? New Orleans and the Philippines could sure use lots of new homes. Do you think that maybe giving them new homes might cause them to want to understand why a ministry would do that? Wouldn't that cause them to want to know the God of love that you serve? I have always believed this to be God's Church:

Acts 2:
44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,

1 John 3:17 But whoso hath this worlds good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?

Being that these ministries have much of the world's goods and they shut up their bowels of compassion towards so many, then how dwells the love of God with them? Are not we told that God is love? Is not love one of the fruits of the Spirit? We are told that we know them by their fruit. Look at the fruit Church! You are being robbed by many so called ministries of God. If love was in their hearts they would use what comes in for others and not themselves.

3 John 1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

True prosperity is being in God's presence and having an intimacy with the Holy Spirit. In that place you will understand what I wrote. Your soul has truly prospered. You are complete and wanting nothing of this world. The riches and mammon of this world are only a devil substitute.

Seek His presence, and you will find everything that you need.

Psalm 34:8 O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

Note: All scripture is taken from the King James version of the Holy Bible.


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print