Peasant or Princess
by PamFord Davis

Little girls live in a make believe world of princesses, in search of their prince charming. The story of Cinderella would never have been a success without the change of garb.

I watched the screen as wretched rags vanished; a beautiful gown, Tierra and glass slippers appeared on the screen.

As beautiful as Cinderella became, her wardrobe was only temporary. At the stroke of midnight, she stood in the midst of mischievous mice and once more wore the clothes of a peasant.

The needs of peasants and royalty differ little; The Father, reminded me through scripture, of how he meets our needs. I use a reference to King Solomon, regarding his attire.

"Why worry about clothes? Look how the wild flowers grow. They don't work hard to make their clothes. But I tell you that Solomon with all his wealth wasn't as well clothed as one of them (Matthew 6:28-29 CEV)."

The next time I look in my closet for something to wear or search through my favorite thrift store-clothing racks, I'll recall the faithfulness of my Father to provide in his perfect timing.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print