Follow Me
by Tonja Taylor

Isaiah 43:18 says, "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past."


I treasure that verse. And I remember a time when I was first learning to make that verse part of me, and to truly let go of past mistakes.


At that time, my daughter was 4 (she is now 10), and she and I were dancing to Jesus, praising the Lord to the music of Pastor and an anointed Christian worship leader whose music the LORD had used mightily to bring healing and deliverance to my life. We were full of joy and blissful, in our bare feet on the plush rug in front of the stereo. I had my eyes closed, and had learned to worship in freedom with my hands raised, reveling in the presence of the Lord.


My little one was following me across the rug. "Mama!" I heard her say, "Can I walk in your footprints?" I stopped, and looked down at the places where I'd stepped. Thoughts of the past hit me--a quiver full of the enemy's fiery darts. For a moment, I hesitated, and almost said, "only those (footprints) that follow Christ!," but then, the Holy Spirit rose up in me and reminded me that there is now no condemnation to those of us in Christ Jesus, that I was to forget the past, for He had freed me from many bondages AMEN!.


I knelt down beside my precious little daughter--such a gift from God! I hugged her, then looked deep into her eyes. "Yes, Baby," I told her, "you can follow me, because I follow Jesus!"


Prayer: Dear Father in Heaven, help us to follow You in spirit and in truth, that we may lead our little ones in every right way, to Your glory and their benefit! In Jesus' name, Amen.



Tonja and her husband live to exalt God. They lift Him up in books (P.O.W.E.R. Girl!; LEGACY; Visions of the King; Your Holy Health; more); presentations; service in church, community, and the world; and via the "River Rain Creative" (309 videos) and "POWERLight Learning" You Tube channels.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print