Escape or Endure?
by PamFord Davis

Houdini was a master of escape. Are you? I admit it, when bombarded by problems or conflict I look for the closest escape route. I have not yet been able to master fear and the propensity to run away from trouble. I am confident that God can provide an escape when he deems best. He can also strengthen me and enable me to endure.

Escape or endure? Hagar, handmaiden of Sarah became a wife to Abraham. Sarah and Abraham doubted God's promise to bless them with a son. Conniving, Sarah formulated a plan, deciding to use Hagar as a child bearer. Hagar conceived and conflict ensued. Under duress, Hagar fled in an effort to escape from Sarah's wrath. (Genesis 16:1-8)

The angel of the LORD knew her plight and found her. He questioned her as to where she had come from and to her destination. She explained her predicament and he gave wise counsel. "Return to your mistress, and submit yourself to her authority (Genesis 16:9b NAS)." He went into detailed prophecy concerning her decedents. She sought an escape; God desired endurance.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print