Let's Start at the Very Beginning
by Abby Kelly

"Let's start at the very beginning, a very good place to start. When you read you being with A, B, C. When you sing you begin with Do, Re, Mi."

That song is the first thing that comes to mind when I think about new beginnings. It's from the movie, The Sound of Music, the true story of the Von Trapp family's escape from Austria just as Hitler was invading in WWII. It's a story of many beginnings, do-overs and restarts. Often in life, we have to change directions or begin again. It can be discouraging when we mess up and have to start all over; and scary when change happens to us. But there are also lessons to be learned and good things that come from beginning again.

In the movie, Maria believes with all her heart that she's meant to be a nun. But over and over, she gets into trouble. She can't seem to follow all the rules and the other nuns think she'd be better off somewhere else. Eventually, they suggest she take a job as governess for a wealthy widow's seven children.

Maria was terrified to move to a strange house, to work for a man she'd never met and do a job she'd never done. She was also sad because she wasn't a good nun. But, Maria was brave and did the best she could at her new job. In time, the Von Trapp family came to love her and she even became their new mother.

Captain Von Trapp and his children had to learn to start all over, too. After his wife died, he had become a strict and unloving father. The children had become rebellious and disobedient. But, when Maria came into their home, she began to show them how to be happy again. She taught them new things like singing and playing outside. She taught Mr. Von Trapp how to laugh and be kind again.

The whole story takes place during WWII. As the fighting got worse, the Von Trapp family was forced to leave their home in Austria. They would have to begin again, start a whole new life, in a strange place. Together, they faced the challenge. Eventually, they arrived in the United States to begin their new lives.

It can be hard and really scary to face change in our lives. Whether it is a new family member, a new school or a new home, often we wish things would just stay the same. But God is always with us, no matter how strange or scary our circumstances. In fact, He is in control of all the changes in our lives. We can trust Him to take care of us, always.

"Behold, I am doing a new thing. Do you not perceive it?" Is. 43:19

"Behold, all things have become new." 2 Corinthians 5:17


Learn more about me on my website: http://predatory-lies.com/about-me/

Please find my book on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Surviving-Predatory-Lies-Anorexia-Kelly-ebook/dp/B00HFGMBJA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389645006&sr=8-1&keywords=predatory+lies

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print