Put Your Faith To Work
by Hannah Idowu

I decided to put my faith in God to work today. I had been studying God's word and have had amazing discoveries in His word. I was meditating on Mark 11:23-24, " for verily, I say unto you, that WHOSOEVER (not to pastors or prophets alone as some of us think but it is to every child of God who believes) shall SAY unto this mountain".

Often times as a christian and child of God we are afraid of our mountain just like the 12 spies that were sent to spy on the land of Canaan in Numbers 13, 10 of the spies came back to say "we can't take the land" because there were giants in the land. Already, because of what they said and confessed with their mouths, the bible said those men never entered the land of Canaan.

However, the remaining two spies who also saw the giants in the land of Canaan said "let's go and take the land. I know we can do it", they also said "we have no reason to be afraid of the giants who live there. The Lord is on our side, and they won't stand a chance against us". Here is the situation, all of these men have experienced the mightiness of God before when He delivered them from the hands of the Egyptians, they have also seen divers wonders and miracles that God performed in their midst, hence why was it so difficult for those 10 spies to believe God was able to give them the land of Canaan?

The point is, that's exactly the way some of us-so called children of God also think, speak and behave. We easily for example, believe what doctors say to us but we find it so hard to trust or believe The One Who holds ALL things in His power. We forget that God is the same yesterday, today and forever. We forget that God is not a man that will not lie or forget the promises made to us. We also forget that ALL and not some powers belong to God as a result of our lack of faith in Him, we by ourselves limit what He can do in our lives and also what He can do through us.

As i continued to meditate on His word, I discovered that although i claim to believe in God but my faith in Him in some areas of my life was very little. Unconsciously, I had believed pastors were the only ones that had that special power and authority to cast out demons and command mountains/ giants to leave but as I continued to study, i saw that every child of God was given that same power and authority.

I also discovered that Gods' love for all of His children is the same, His son Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of us the same way, He has given every child of His eternal life the same way, He has called us and given us life eternal the same way just as our most respected pastors and bishops.

Hence, contrary to what I had believed, I have the power to say and have whatsoever that I say also. I tolerated my back ache for some days hoping if I ignored it, it will get tired and go away but seriously, it never went rather the pain just increased because I said nothing as a child of God (sometimes as Christians we feel keeping quiet and pretending that the pain or issues weren't there will make it all go away.

Just like the woman with the issue of blood, the bible says "for she said", this woman spoke and acted on her faith. The big question therefore is, what have you been saying regarding the prevalent issues around your life? Have you forgotten what Psalms 18:44 says "the strangers shall hear me and obey". After my discovery in His word, i decided to put my faith to work.

I laid my hands where the pain was and i commanded the pain to get lost in Jesus name and immediately the pain disappeared. I didn't have to wait till Sunday to have the pastors lay special hands on me because I now understood who I am in Christ, what belongs to me and my place in Christ Jesus.

God lives in you, His Spirit and His Son also dwells within you. You have God's nature within you, hence as an embodiment of God, you have the power to SAY, CAST OUT devils (devils in any area of your life - home, career or finances) and you can LAY hands on the sick and see them recover.

If you put your faith in God to work, you will experience amazing things in your life.

H Idowu
10/01/14

I enjoy reading motivational books and the bible hence as i am inspired i find myself either composing a song or poetry. I call them my moments of intimacy with the Most High God. 
[email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print