Paint With Your Mouth!
by Tonja Taylor

"I'll write the book on Your righteousness, talk up Your salvation the livelong day, never run out of good things to write or say. I come in the power of the Lord God, I post signs marking His right-of-way." - Psalm 71:12b, The Message

Words paint pictures in our minds. So when we write and we speak, we are creating picturesboth in our minds, and in the minds of those who hear us, whether they are reading written words or listening to our voices. Our job and joy is to paint God-pictures with our words!

The Word of God is the ultimate picture, and God, the Master Artist, has painted the picture of the perfect life, the "Zoe" lifethe wonderful, abundant, happiest-possible life that Jesus died to give usin His Word. Zoe is Greek for "life as God has it." And that is what we all desire most. Painting pictures of Zoe life with our words is fun!

When we write God's Word in a note or email, send them in a letter, speak them on the phone or to a group of our friends or family, we are painting a picture for others about the better lifethe Zoe lifethey can have. And that is why we are here!

There is great joy and satisfaction in writing God's Word to paint pictures so others can see the real Jesuswhether we use our hands or our mouths. Psalm 45:1 says that
My heart is stirred by a noble theme as I recite my verses for the king; my tongue is the pen of a skillful writer. (Ps.45:1 NIV)

And, just as God has written His ultimate love letter to youthe Biblewhich tells you all about Jesus, who is the exact representation, or "picture" of God; and just as your parents have written you love notes and letters, creating lovely pictures of their care for you; so you too, have the wonderful power and privilege and freedom to encourage others by writing God's Word to them!

In fact, God tells us to do that in Psalm 102:18: : "Write this down for the next generation so people not yet born will praise God: "God looked out from his high holy place; from heaven He surveyed the earth.

He listened to the groans of the doomed, He opened the doors of their death cells." Write it so the story can be told in Zion, so God's praise will be sung in Jerusalem's streets And wherever people gather together along with their rulers to worship Him." (Ps. 102:18 The Message)

Let's start today filling the lives of others with beautiful pictures of God by using our words!

Tonja and her husband live to exalt God. They lift Him up in books (P.O.W.E.R. Girl!; LEGACY; Visions of the King; Your Holy Health; more); presentations; service in church, community, and the world; and via the "River Rain Creative" (309 videos) and "POWERLight Learning" You Tube channels.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print