O Lord! Give Me A Word For The Year.
by Ngozi Nwoke

Lord, what are you saying to me for this year? Do you have an idea of what this year has in store for you? There are voices and words everywhere but God's voice and words make a great difference. This article tells you why you need to get God's word for the year.

I will stand on my watch, and set me on the tower, and will watch to see what he will say to me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved - Habakkuk 2:1 (KJV)

I will hear what God the LORD will speak: for he will speak peace to his people, and to his saints: but let them not turn again to folly - Psalm 85:8 (KJV)

I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beats the air - 1 Corinthians 9:26 (KJV)

Everyone has spoken a word to you concerning this year: your spouse, parents, children, pastor, boss, biz partner, colleague and your neighbour. But have you heard from God? Do you have a word for the year from God?

God's word will always override the words of men anytime and anywhere if you believe it. But how will you believe it if you don't know it? God surely has a word for you this year; they are thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end, Jeremiah 29:11.

People may have spoken good or bad words to you but God's word shall stand, Isaiah 14:24. This is why you need to receive God's word so you can uphold it above every other word you may hear or have heard.

God's word is a sure word of prophesy (2 Peter 1:19) that must be fulfilled. His word that goes forth out of His mouth will not return unto Him void, it will accomplish what He pleases, and it will prosper in the thing whereto He had sent it, Isaiah 55:11.

Therefore, you need to stand on your watch in prayer to see what He will say to you (Habakkuk 2:1) and then run, not as uncertainly or as one that beats the air (1 Corinthians 9:26), but with certainty and assurance that it shall be even as God had said. When you receive the word for the year, you will not be beating about the bush on what to do or to expect, you will walk in faith and with great expectation all through the year.

One thing is certain, God will speak peace to you (Psalm 85:8) and not confusion (1 Corinthians 14:33). He will have conditions attached to His word alright but He will not say the impossible.

If you will hearken diligently to the voice of the Lord, to observe and to do all that He says, the Lord will set you on high above all. And all His words of blessings will come upon you and overtake you (Deuteronomy 28:1, 2).

Four years ago when I was still expecting a child from the Lord, I got a word for the year in January during a prayer and fasting time for my church, that God would remember me in terms of childbirth. I held unto that word throughout the year. Every month I expected the word to be fulfilled; I reminded the Lord of His word to me and thanked Him that He would do as He had said. And in November, He told me He would remember me that month and surely, He did! I gave birth nine months later.

You may have heard from the Lord before for a past year but have not for some years now, do not be discouraged. Engage in prayer and fasting for this year and seek God's face for His word for the year. Expect to hear from God and He will speak, run with it and you will see how joyful, successful and peaceful the year would be for you. Congratulations, your testimony is the next!

Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print