I Will be With You
by Rusty Kuhn

"No man will be able to stand before you all the days of your life. Just as I have been with Moses, I will be with you; I will not fail you or forsake you. Be strong and courageous, for you shall give this people possession of the land which I swore to their fathers to give them." Joshua 1:5,6 NASB

What an amazing promise God gave to Joshua, "No man will be able to stand before you all the days of your life." In other words, all opposition will be shut down, it will not be successful. This doesn't mean that people will not try to stand in opposition. It means they will not be successful in their futile efforts.
Why was Joshua such a successful leader? Was it his charisma, charm, or upright character? No, it was the hand of God on his life. God told Joshua in verse five, "I will be with you," and "I will not fail you." Then again in verse nine God told Joshua, "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go." Three times in this text God promised Joshua, I will be with you.
Our success is not found in our abilities; rather, in God's hand of anointing. God called Joshua to lead the nation of Israel into an impossible situation. Left to his own abilities Joshua would have led the people to a sure demise. However, the Word of God is clear; there is nothing impossible for God. Joshua was successful only because God gave him success. Likewise, our success is only found in God's hand on our lives.
Today I hear so many Christians talk of how hopelessly lost our nation is. They have simply given up and surrendered the land to Satan. I however, chose to believe that God is rising up Joshua's all over this land; Joshua's that will stand in the anointed power of Jesus Christ and reclaim this land for His glory. Joshua's that no man, no government, no entertainment industry, no media, no judicial system, no one will be able to stand against. Then revival will come. Why? Because God said "I will be with you," and we believed it, and therefore walked in it.

Rusty Kuhn is the founding pastor of New Life Baptist Church in Nicholson, Ms. and the author of Reclaiming the Land: God's Formula for Revival.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print