Open My Eyes
by PamFord Davis

Dr. Charles Stanley is an acclaimed television evangelist and one of my favorite devotional writers. He not only speaks to my intellect; he speaks to my heart. Any who have heard him realize that he has a favorite way to keep his listener's attention; he frequently says, "Listen!" I do, because he is preparing me for an important power point. Today, I share his style. "See!"

Yes, I need to listen for God's pertinent messages proclaimed through media and written word. In addition, I need to open my spiritual eyes and look into his word. There is so much to see, such marvelous truths to behold! "Open my eyes so that I may see wonderful things in Your law (Psalm 119:18 HCS)." Do I have the desire to see?

"Lord, have mercy on us, Son of David!' Jesus stopped, called them, and said, 'What do you want me to do for you?' 'Lord,' they said to Him, 'open our eyes!' Moved with compassion, Jesus touched their eyes. Immediately they could see, and they followed Him (Matthew 20:31b-33 HCS)." Seeing Him as Savior compels us to follow Him as Lord.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print