The Door Opener
by Steve Countryman

I never thought of being a Christian this way but this sums it very well. A king of a great country would not be expected to open doors for himself. No matter where he goes there is always someone there who will open the door for the king. That is what we are to be, God's door opener. For God to enter a room, to enter a situation, to enter a answered prayer, to come to the rescue, to be the healer and deliverer is all based on the obedience of the door opener. The requirements placed on us is not asking much, The job seems pretty insignificant but in reality carries a heavy responsibility. God will not enter unless someone opens the door for Him.

Revelation 3:20 "Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me." It starts at the time of salvation and continues through out our Christian walk. God will never force His way into our lives, our will or our decisions. It is all about our faith and obedience to Him. But we make it so much harder than it is supposed to be. Our job as the door opener is not to judge those whose room we are opening the door for God to enter. Our job is not to check and see if they are worthy or righteous enough. Our job is not to decide if we should open the door or not depending on if we feel like it. Our job is not to place requirements on the King of Glory or advice Him on how to enter the room and what to do once inside. Our job is not to place conditions or restrictions on those who need God's healing touch, His deliverance, His presence, His peace and joy. We make it harder than it supposed to be.

The job is a simple but important one. It is one that we get more wrong than right. It does take faith, trust, courage, boldness and obedience to be a consistent door opener. It starts with a listening ear and caring heart. God will place opportunities in your path for you to be a door opener every day if you will but hear them. People will tell perfect strangers about their problems but what will be your response? Will you open the door for your God to show up and do the miraculous? It takes you to offer to pray for a person. You ask then, "Is it okay for me to pray for you?" or "Would you like me to pray for you?" Then you declare God's Word over their problems and let God do the rest. That is how you open the door for God to enter in.

Do not allow Satan to steal your moment with those thoughts of doubt and fear that God won't show up or nothing will happen. He will try to shut your door to keep you a powerless Christian but don't let him. You open the door with prayer and the rest is up to God to fulfill. No pressure on you, it is all on God to do the God thing! This is what being a Christian is all about, letting God be God to all those around you everywhere you go every day! Do not rob God of the opportunity for Him to do the imnpossible for someone by leaving the door closed. A proactive Christian doesn't wait for someone to ask them to pray for them but jumps in and offers first! I'm not there yet but I want to be! We will all give an account for those opportunities that we allowed to get away by leaving the door closed. God is still and always God and if you will not open the door for Him to work in someone's life then He will find someone who will be the door opener that He requires!


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print