We're All Born Slaves
by Krystle Foster

As an African American woman I celebrate black history month but not just in February but all year long. In history African Americans were slaves and had to fight and overcome many obstacles to finally be free. In the Bible in the Old Testament days of Moses and Joshua (please read Exodus) their people the Jews were slaves for centuries. And just like African Americans they too had to fight and overcome many obstacles to finally be free. But are we really free? Well Moses was born the child of a Hebrew slave but adopted into a royal family and raised as a Prince. The Prince of Egypt. But as Moses was just starting to come into power and influence his secret, that even he didn't know, that he was really born as the child of a slave.

Like Moses we don't realize that we're all born slaves to sin because of Adam's and Eve's fall back in the garden of Eden. Because Adam and Eve sinned they broke up their fellowship with God and were forever separated from Him. The day they ate the fruit they died a spiritual death. And were eternally separated from God and His Love. So every child born after Adam and Eve their children which we all are, no matter what color our skin is, were all born as slaves to sin. Just think about Adam and Eve first born son Cain who killed his brother Able. Because he was jealous of Able's favor with The Lord (please read Genesis).

So if we are all born slaves to sin and we are then how do we become free? Well we too can be Princes and Princesses like Moses and we too can be adopted into God's royal family. Where we can be heirs and children of God. The only way to overcome the power of sin and the Devil is thru the Holy Spirit. Like Jesus told Nicodemus "You must be born again." And Nicodemus asked how can I be born again when I am old can I go back into my mothers womb again? Jesus replied that which is flesh is flesh and that which is spirit is spirit...

So my point is without being born again (getting saved) and having the Holy Spirit then all we are is flesh. So if we don't have the Holy Spirit dwelling on the inside of us then we don't have the power to fight sin and therefore we are a slave to sin. The flesh is carnally minded and lives to please it's selfish desires, but the Holy Spirit lives to do what is right and pleasing to Our Heavenly Father.

So how do u become born again or get saved? You have accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and His sacrificial death for our sins on the cross. Believe in your heart and confess with your mouth this Simple Prayer of Salvation :

"Dear God I know I'm a sinner, I know I am not where I want to be, and I want your forgiveness! I believe that Jesus died on the cross to pay the price for my sins.

Please wash me clean from all sin, shame, and guilt, come into my life Jesus to be my Lord and Savior. I ask this in your name Jesus.

Amen!"

If you prayed that simple prayer you just got born again. Congrats! Now it's time to take the next step and join an local Bible believing Bible teaching church and learn how to begin to have an intimate relationship with God thru His Son Jesus Christ. May God bless You.

I'm an young aspiring Christian writer. I like to write poetry, stories and articles. I was named Krystle after Linda Evans Character on Dynasty. In 2004 I won the Editors Choice award from Poetry.com. Check out my site @www.amazinggrace23.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print