Big Hearted Huggers
by PamFord Davis

Do ya' ever want a bear hug? If kisses from Moms make children's boo-boos get all better, just imagine what hugs will do to bind up and heal wounded adults! A hug is like a handshake; recently a friend who went through the grieving process stated they are not all alike. Some hug out of obligation, as if it is required in certain situations. Uncomfortable, they quickly pull away.

The compassionate-big hearted huggers do their hugging purposely. Often, they increase the intensity of their hug during the process. Some give a firm squeeze before finalizing the embrace. Hugging, along with smiley-face images have increased in popularity in recent years. Have you had your hug today? God sends hugs in the form of blessings (Deuteronomy 28:2-6).

"He will bless you at all times in everything you do (Deuteronomy 28:6 ERV)."

His blessings are for more than material; yet, he meets those needs as well. I forget to count my blessings and fail to give him reciprocal hugs. Instead, I unknowingly give him the cold shoulder. How blind can I be? I miss his hugs of comfort, encouragement and love. His arms are open wide; there is room enough for you, multitudes more and me too.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print