Wake Up Call
by Faith Noles

In the book of Matthew 24:3 (NKJV),  the disciples asked Jesus what would be the signs of His coming. Jesus said in Matthew 24:12 (NKJV),  “And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.” This verse, along with many other scriptures such as 2 Thessalonians 2:3 (KJV), indicates many ‘Christians' will fall away in the last days and their love for God will be cold. In Revelation 3:15-16 (NKJV), God speaks to the church of the Laodiceans "I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.”



It's a sad day when the church, which is the light of the world (Mat. 5:14, KJV), becomes a small burning piece of coal instead of a brilliant flame of fire. This didn't happen overnight. This gradual falling away has come through years of vicious attacks by Satan. The devil has used several different strategies in his plans for the downfall of the church. A big one on the list is the boob tube---the little box which appears so harmless, yet sends forth a world of iniquity. This wonder of an invention has bombarded the world with violence and lust, which has desensitized mankind. Christians have allowed the devil to tell them what they should eat; what they should wear; how they should smell and what they should believe. If you're thinking the television has not been used by the devil, then you are blind. Many broadcasts, such as Super Bowl half time, are horrifyingly evil, displaying pornography as well as occultism.


Another effective tool Satan has used is the World Wide Web. The Internet is potentially awesome, if you surf reputable sources, because one basically has a library at their fingertips. However, the Internet has made it too easy for anyone, including young children, to be exposed and/or addicted to porn. The Barna Group in their 2016 Study The Porn Phenomenon, stated 57% of pastors admit they have struggled with porn! Satan will use every means possible to bring your downfall. I Peter 5:8 (KJV) "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:"

How have we been desensitized? I heard a preacher describe the conscience of man as a triangle with three sharp points. Every time you hear or see something that is wrong, the triangle turns and you feel the pain as your conscience is pricked. If you're exposed to sin over and over again, then the points of the triangle will eventually wear down until they are smooth. The sin will not prick your conscience anymore. An example of this is the world’s conditioned response to homosexuality. Satan started with comedy. Sin seems so much easier to accept when it's funny. Christians were 'entertained' by homosexuality. They had forgotten that Romans 1:32 (KJV) says, "Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them".

The Laodicean church confessed they were Christians, yet they were indifferent towards sin; they were indifferent towards the needs of others and they were indifferent in their service towards God. In Revelation, the churches of Ephesus, Sardis and Laodicea show the downward spiral of spiritual decline. The Church of Sardis had not been watching. The Church of Ephesus had left their first love. And the Church of Laodicea was lukewarm. If you stop watching and guarding your heart and mind, then you will leave your first love. If you leave your first love, then you will become lukewarm, lulled to sleep by the fog of indifference.

When a person falls in love, they are bubbling over with happiness. You can't wait to tell your family and friends about your new found love. A mature person will then protect and guard their new relationship. How would you respond to your spouse, who proclaimed they loved you, if they turned their head away when you were speaking to them or didn't respond to your affection? It's nauseating when someone says they love you but their actions are speaking something totally different.

Our relationship to Jesus is the same way. When you accepted Jesus, your heart was overflowing with love for Him. You didn't want to do anything to displease Him. However, over time, you stopped communicating with Jesus on a daily basis. Your mind has been bogged down with the things of this world-- how to make a living and just survive. You relax by sitting in front of the television instead of reading your Bible. You think you're spiritually fine since you go to church every Sunday and give tithes. You become indifferent to the evil going on around you because you feel too tired to try to change anything. Sin creeps into your life little by little. So, how's your relationship with God? God said He would spew you out of His mouth! You're asleep at the wheel; you haven't been watching; you haven't been wise, but you have been enticed away from the fold.

Let's take a look at what's happening to you in another dimension--the Spirit world. Ephesians 6:12 (KJV) "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places". There's a battle raging right at this moment for your very soul. God is calling you to "awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light" Ephesians 5:14 (KJV). He tells us in Romans 13:11 (KJV) it is "high time to awake out of sleep:"


Today, you need to choose "whom ye will serve" (Joshua 24:15, KJV). It's time for you to wake up and join the battle. Turn off the television. Put down the smart phone. Fall down on your knees before God and confess your sins. 2 Chronicles 7:14 (KJV) "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

Friend, Jesus is returning for a glorious bride who has made herself ready. He’s coming for a bride who has her lamps full of oil which symbolizes the Holy Spirit. 2 Corinthians 13:5 (NKJV)  “
Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you are disqualified.”


Dear heavenly Father, I pray You will stir Your children to repentance. Give us a hunger and thirst to draw closer to You. Fill our lamps with oil that we may not be ashamed at the coming of Your Son. Make us vessels worthy for Your use. I ask in Jesus precious name. Amen.



Faith Noles is a retired Registered Nurse, wife, mother and grandmother who is passionate about spreading the gospel.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print