Mighty, Merciful Hand
by PamFord Davis

I was a teenybopper of the 1960's who followed fashion trends of madras shirts, short skirts, fishnet stockings and black flats footwear. I listened to 1260 WNDR AM Top 40 radio and bought my favorite songs on 45-RPM singles for ninety-eight cents. I was a typical teen; yet, I did not always follow the crowd.

The Rolling Stones were very popular but did not rank as one of my favorite groups. I did like many of the bands who crossed the big pond during the British invasion; the Stones were a bit too far out of my comfort zone. They have had many hit songs to their credit, including "Under My Thumb." I am not plugging the song; instead, I focus on their title....

In a generation of demanding our individual rights, the image of being under anyone's thumb is degrading. The very idea of anyone doing a power play in our lives is repulsive. True, we do have inalienable rights bestowed on us by our Creator. No man should walk all over us; yet, being under God's authority is far different. We can trust God to LORD over us.

"Therefore humble yourselves [demote, lower yourselves in your own estimation] under the mighty hand of God, that in due time He may exalt you, Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully (1 Peter 5:6-7 Amplified Bible)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print