Watch Over Me
by PamFord Davis

Protective care made a great theme for a song in the 1940's. "Someone to Watch Over Me" is not only the dream of the lovelorn or orphans. From the time of birth, we find security in the tenderness of parental care. A watchful parent looks for ways to protect their child from danger. Many concerned fathers have walked their young children to and from school.

God the Father watches over us. We can rest easy, knowing his eyes are upon us even when we stray from his path. "The Lord looks from heaven; He sees all the sons of men. From the place of His dwelling He looks On all the inhabitants of the earth; He fashions their hearts individually; He considers all their works (Psalms 33:13-15 NKJ)." He watches; he desires fellowship with us.

"Behold, the eye of the LORD is on those who fear Him, On those who hope in His mercy (Psalms 33:18 NKJ)." Our fear is not terror because He is a tyrant; instead, it is a reverence for Him as the holy, sovereign God Almighty. I bow, in awe of such love and mercy. I place my hope in Him, the eternal "Someone to Watch Over Me."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print