Snow from Heaven
by Flora Sawyer



"As the rain cometh down and the snow from Heaven so shall my Word be that goeth out of my mouth: it shall not return to me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." Is. 55:10&11 KJV

As I watched soft, giant snowflakes coast steadily to the ground, thoughts of a gentle creator's ways with us soothed my harried mind. We usually associate the above verses with reaching out to the lost and trusting God to use His word to speak to their hearts. Fellow believers and Christian leaders are provided of God for our help. But, in the midst of our temptations and trials, His word should be our FIRST source of comfort and strength!

Is. 6:20 (KJV) says, "Come my people, enter into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast."This is a time to listen to Him while we are in a position to readily hear His "still small voice". His word was written for that purpose to share His thoughts with us wonder of wonders! Yes, he uses His Word to comfort and to strengthen, but also to warn, to convict and to direct. Just as the snow can be at times gentle and soft, so it can be cold, hard-driven and terrible. He creates the cold before whom no man can stand (Ps. 147:17 (KJV), and He is in control of our lives as well. In what area do you need help? Comfort, strength, warning, direction, conviction enter into thy chamber and take time to seek Him out. He will meet you there.

Flora Sawyer lives in Warren, Maine

Flora Jackson Sawyer is a widow, mother of two and grandmother of eight.  she has been journaling, writing for newspapers, had an on-going email devotional, published a children's book, and contributed to a 500-page local history.  
@copyright Flora Jackson Sawyer 10/12/09 www.maineheartmusings.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print