A Day in Life
by Walter Kahler

A loud buzzing sound fills the bedroom. My eyes open slightly. I glance over at the nightstand where the clock sits displaying three a.m. The debating committee in my head contemplates hitting the snooze button. Today's choice is to get up. Placing my feet on the floor, I arise and sit on the edge of the pillow top mattress. I rub my eyes and greet a new day. The alarm worked like a charm. I have gotten out of bed, and the first hurdle of the day has been successful.

There is a reason to the madness of getting up so early. The answer to the early bird rise may not be what you think it is because the usual suspects have been acquitted. Yes, I have to be at work on time which happens to be five in the morning. Driving the thirty minute commute is inevitable. The twenty minute hygiene time is going through the motion. Coffee and a cigarette are optional. All of these steps are necessary to fulfill my responsibility to the employer. The real deal is my commitment to Christ. I have to start my day off in the Light because failing to do so opens the top to Pandora's Box.

Before I was saved, my reactions to life's terms were filled with negative thinking and wrongful behavior. I did not look forward in crawling out of bed because there was nothing I liked about the world. I was engulfed with anger and full of pessimism. I treated others unkindly and caused harm to those around me. I felt entitled to everything and wallowed in self-pity because nothing good was happening. My conscience was non-existent, and I compromised every Christian moral imaginable. I was like a tornado leaving behind a long trail of wreckage.

So, upon awaking it is imperative for me to start my devotion. Surrendering myself to God is the difference maker in responding spiritually to the challenges of the day. This gives me the best possible approach in facing the people, places and things I will encounter. I have learned through salvation there are hidden situations contained inside a twenty-four hour period of time. My preparation is proportionate in the way I handle the ups and downs of life.

As a result from following God, I have come to understand that a day in life has a series of books at my disposal. In order for me to reach for the right one I need support. God has the only bookends strong enough to keep me from leaning. He allows me to stay upright under all circumstances. No matter how faltering I become the wisdom in overcoming my difficulties lies in God's library. The Bible is the truth. The key of unlocking the door to God's kingdom is putting faith into action, and His rewards are limitless. I no longer have to stumble over the events of the day.

At the end of the day, I set aside time to spend with Christ. I take a look at the way I presented me. I make sure to see the areas I have fallen short, asking for forgiveness and noting the individuals I need to make amends for my shortcomings. I thank Him for saving me, and I now can sleep in good conscience knowing I am in good hands.

I am new to writing and have just completed my first non-fiction manuscript in the Christian Living category. This manuscript is based upon my own personal relationship with Christ. I am currently working on a book proposal for its submission. I loving writing about God especially about His grace.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print