The Desire of Your Heart
by Flora Sawyer

"Thou openest Thine hand and satisfiest the desire of every living thing." Psalm 145:16

Could I ask you a personal question on this cold winter morning? What, right now, is the desire of your heart? Is there something you've been asking God for that has not yet materialized? Is there a deep need in your life that does not seem to be fulfilled? Or, is there a friend or loved one you've been lifting up before the Lord without evident results? What about the promises of God to hear and answer prayer? The psalmist, David, once said, "Oh that I knew where I might find Him." Many a time he was at the point of quitting. Was it because God did not care or did not find some of David's needs significant enough to bother with? Or, does God "open His hand" to some believers and not to others? Does He open His hand to some desires and not to others?
How can we be assured that God is going to satisfy the desire of our hearts? Because when David wrote these words, he was inspired and directed by the Holy Spirit. The Word of God can be trusted! Why do I have doubts, then? Because my finite vision is limited. When David couldn't find God, it was not because God was not there. It was because David was focusing on his needs, not on God. At that moment God was not His all in all. His needs were. Therefore He could not be satisfied.
What do you need? "A little talk with Jesus" an open Bible before you a looking up to your Savior and your Father-God as a little child looks up into her mother's eyes and is satisfied just knowing she is there. Her mother is all-in-all to her. Her heart is satisfied. Precious believer, give up your shortsighted time schedule and "perfect" idea of how the prayer should, or could be answered confess your impatience to a loving, God. Acknowledge that you don't really know how or when this prayer should be answered and that it really is not as important as being with and trusting Him who does all things well. (Mark 7:37) In other words, I must not try to read this verse another way, but believe that He truly "Openeth His hand and satisfiest the desire of every living thing."

Above all, Thy Will

Above all thy will, O, God for me;
Whatever Thou dost choose.
In Christ I am more than conqueror,
Even when I must lose.
Dearer than all art Thou to me,
Jesus, Thou Son of God.
Nor would a lesser path I tread
Than that which Thou hast trod.
FJS



Flora Jackson Sawyer is a widow, mother of two and grandmother of eight.  she has been journaling, writing for newspapers, had an on-going email devotional, published a children's book, and contributed to a 500-page local history.  
@copyright Flora Jackson Sawyer 10/12/09 www.maineheartmusings.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print