A Needy Generation
by PamFord Davis

We are a needy generation, thinking life deprives us of what we need. Do a mental inventory.... How many times do you verbally say or think that you need something? We wake up and quickly prepare needed coffee or tea to get going. Our mind races with scheduled chores and shopping lists. Recently, many wanting to be prepared for bad weather wondered, "What will I need in case I get snowed in?"

I confess that I often confuse my needs with wants. The advertizing agencies play a large part in our dissatisfaction. My husband once conversed with a young man about a particular large model luxury car. The man said he "needed" it. To which my husband responded, that he really only wanted it. To his amazement, the man adamantly stood firm; he needed it! We need our daily bread, roof over our heads and sufficient clothing. Foremost, we need the LORD.

He is the source of life here and in the hereafter. As our creator and provider, He knows our needs even before we do. What a faithful Father we serve! "And my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19 NAS)." The Father meets our deepest needs in relationship to His vast riches, in His glory, in Christ Jesus. I need this passage prodding. I am a needy child with a generous Father.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print