Fastidious to a Fault
by PamFord Davis

"Finders-keepers, losers-weepers!" The taunts of children can be both comical and cruel.

When it comes to "faultfinding," adults can be fastidious to a fault. We cannot blame society for our tendency to find fault in others. Using more sarcasm of children I say, "It takes one to know one!"

Before I judge others too harshly for faultfinding, I'm quick to realize how well the shoe fits.

"Then came together unto him the Pharisees, and certain of the scribes, which came from Jerusalem. And when they saw some of his disciples eat bread with defiled, that is to say, with unwashen, hands, they found fault (Mark 7:1-2 Scofield Bible)."

Finding fault with things we see in others is far easier than admitting our own faulty character.

Jesus has 20/20 vision; he sees right through us.

"For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness (Mark 7:21-22 Scofield Bible)."

That's a mouth full; sadly, it's a heart full of any man separated from holy God.

"All these evil things come from within, and defile the man (Mark 7:23 (Scofield Bible)." Religious leaders had pointed fingers at Jesus disciples, finding fault regarding traditions of cleansing. Jesus went to the root of man's problem; sinful ways are rooted deep within.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print