Last Prayer
by Jan Hughes

Yes, I can hear you, my friend, though I cannot speak or move to tell you so. I am dying. Please accept this. Be glad for me. Be even joyous. I will soon be free of this ravaged body and with the Lord.

Your tears are for yourself. I understand. There are many words I meant to saysomeday. You also intended more. We did not take the time for what was more important than the tasks we allowed to consume us. I should have told you, more boldly, what I am now thinking.

If I could open my eyes, I would see the tears that will not stop streaming down your face. I know you very well. I am listening to every word you are saying. We have shared many times of happiness, but you are speaking now of regrets. Like you, I thought there would be more time and more opportunities in this life.

Do not worry; it is all forgiven. I understand. Let His peace flood your heart. He knows our every weakness, every sin, and every regret. Let my death teach you. Let my passing change your life. Most importantly, ask Jesus to forgive you. He will. I know He will. I have had glimpses of Heaven as my longing for Home has grown in my spirit. Everything in the Bible is true! There is no condemnation for those who trust in Jesus to save them.

Oh, God, please convey my prayer. Please let every word I am thinking resonate in the mind and heart of my beloved friend.

My precious friend, the angels are waiting. Do you feel the peace all around us? They will soon take me Home. The Lord is good. He knows that I long to hear you speak of His comfort for you before I enter into Paradise. I want to be with Him. As your final gift to me, let me hear words of praise to God for saving your soul. Let me hear of your gratitude for the times we have shared in this life.

Let me die with certainty that you also belong to Him. I have done what I can to show you His love for you. It has never seemed to be enough. You have not really let Him love you. Jesus has spoken to my heart to listen for what you do not say. That is why my heart is troubled for you. You have talked around Jesus. You know about Him. You have even read His words occasionally when you have not been at the church. Mostly, to tell you the truth, you have only sought Him when you have been in very difficult situations. I know because, until lately, I have been no different than you.

You have thought of me as strange over the last few years. As I have grown closer to Him, the desire for the things of this world has faded in my heart. It is not that I did not care about your happiness and all of your concerns; I have tried to tell you of something more importantknowing Jesus. It is because I know Him that I can leave this life with joy. You have wondered aloud about how I have been so calm and not distressed since I learned that my death was near. It is Jesus who has comforted me. Jesus!

He will do for you what He has done for me. Let Him! Yes, I am begging you. Nothing is as important as your soul, and how you will live in eternity. I pray that you will let Him into your heart now, while your heart is open to loving and being loved. It could be you facing death, and maybe sooner than you think. Remember that I did not know of the disease that would conquer my body until it was too late.

Oh, God, please give me the right words for my prayer. Let me serve You even now, my Lord.

My friend, I am leaving you. Leaving you. Will I see you again? Please say yes to Jesus, or this will be the last time I will hear your breath and your words. My body feels no pain, and for this I am grateful. I hear singing. I think it is the sound of praise in Heaven. Yes! If only you could hear it!

It is your choice. God lets you decide if you will live in Heaven or Hell, forever. Please choose Heaven. Now. Now! If you die without Jesus in your heart, it will be too late to enter the Kingdom of God. Remember what Jesus told me to write in the book: "There will be no second chance."

I know you cannot imagine the joys I have known with Him. It is difficult to even conceive of life without sin, or even temptations to sin. Yet, that is how it will be for me and for you, too, if you only ask Him into your heart. And there is more! No more suffering, or tears, or sorrow, or any kind of pain. Even the pain in your heart right now. All of us in His presence will be completely free of everything that prevented us from purity in serving our Lord.

God, help me! Jesus, help me! I am almost Home. Almost Home. Let me serve You until my last breath here. Fill me with Your Spirit to fulfill this last work for You.

My beloved friend, I have tried to spare you unnecessary tasks. You will not have to take care of anything for me when I am gone. Maybe you will come to my grave. Perhaps you will let Him touch your heart as you read the inscription. I asked Jesus what I should have engraved on my marker. This is the Scripture He told me: John 14:6. This is what it says: "Jesus told him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.'" Believe Him. Believe Him.

It is longer between my heartbeats. The sounds of the monitor tell me so. There is not much time. It could be you in this bed. Your church cannot get you into Heaven. Neither can your religion, or your many wonderful acts of kindness toward others. Only Jesus can.

When we were younger, you mocked my tears of repentance. You saw them as unnecessary. You even laughed at my faith in the Lord. He is real. Eternity is real. Jesus is the only way to God. Call out to Him now. Forget your pride. Love Jesus and let Him love you.

I probably disappointed you many times. I did not know how to be all you wanted me to be. I was simply myself. I pray that I did not do anything to discourage you from trusting Jesus. I did not intend to. Like you, I am a sinful person.

Yet, you must love me, because you are here. It is not easy to sit beside the bed of someone who is dying. I know. I have been in that chair. I wish I could tell you, without reserve, how much I love you. I never told you well enough.

Oh, God, please reach this hard heart. Let my final prayer in this life be for someone other than myself. Jesus, I have been so selfish. Your presence reveals how short of Your glory that I am, and still You love me completely. You are so near. So near. So near. It is just as You have promised. Peace. Joy. Love without measure or end. So much more than I deserve. Thank You, Jesus. Oh, my Lord, would You let me linger for just long enough to hear the words for which I have waited many years?

My treasured friend, if you would only open your heart to God now. Accept His love and forgiveness. He will give you both and so much more! He knows your every thought, and word, and deed. And He is waiting.

Oh, God, please pierce this prideful heart.

Can you see the peace on my face, my friend? I pray that you will have His peace despite the means by which He has brought you before Him, through me, as I am dying. I suddenly feel very light. I feel drawn toward Heaven. Finally. Must I say goodbye to you or will you join me one day?

Listen to Him. Look! All is well for me. I will be with Him soon. Very soon. It is not well for you. Not yet. I need to go. The angels are gathering around me so gently, as God has commanded them. How glorious is His provision, even in the last moments in this life! Oh, that you would receive Him, before.

www.profoundpathcounselor.com
Jan Hughes is a Christian Licensed Professional Counsel with a private practice in Tyler, Tx. She specializes in Christian mental, emotional, spiritual, and relational issues. Encouragement to trust in the hope, truth, and faith of the Lord in difficult times.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print