Let Us Rebuild This Wall Starting Now
by Dr. Henderson Ward

Talking has its place and we can all agree that if somebody did not talk, and talk with power and persuasion, then in all likelihood minds would not be concentrated to get things done. However much you admire motivational talk or spellbinding oratory, you know deep inside of you that if that talk is not followed by action then it is more than useless.

There comes a time when talk has to stop and the action begins.

The Bible says this, "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven. " (Ecclesiastes 3:1) We know this to be true from our own experience and we are often flummoxed when evil seems to be so triumphant and long-lasting, as if it is defying the laws that apply to everything else, but we know that that dominance too will come to an end, maybe even now is coming to an end.

Now is the time for believers everywhere to get going, to start the rebuilding in the name of the Lord, with the understanding that Solomon was right when he said, "...a time to break down, and a time to build up..." (Ecclesiastes 3:3) The time to start rebuilding is now, and without delay.

Now is the time for believers to start rebuilding the trust in the church and in it's called and consecrated officials and servants who toil daily and faithfully, often without proper compensation or recognition, doing their jobs with dignity, humility and honour before God and in the service of humanity.

Now is the time for believers to hold the cheating, lying, clueless politicians and public officials to account and demand of them proper answers to their many concerns. Do this by being more engaged in public affairs; attending town hall meetings and asking tough questions; writing representatives and officials strong letters complaining of their misdeeds and policies and making suggestions; going on radio phone-ins and making your voice heard.

Now is the time for believers, armed with the Bible and in faith to do serious community work outside of any "official work" that is going on. Individual, sacrificial service is abundantly pleasing to God. This is the kind that is between you and God but is mightily effective in bringing the grace of God to individuals on a one to one basis. This is visiting, praying and giving a little something to that shut-in no one cares about; this is giving another a few groceries on a weekly or frequent basis; this is paying travel expenses or paying for a medical bill as occasion arises, and doing all this without letting your church or anybody know. This is as it should be, "But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly." (Matthew 6:3-4)

Now is the time for believers to open their eyes to the crimes, indiscretions and wrong actions of their government and not hunker down with the bunker mentality, "My country right or wrong". If you cannot condemn wrong done in your name, and with your tax dollars, then you are not part of this coalition of the just trying to rebuild our broken world. Nobody should ever be locked up in prison without due process, put away because some official thinks he or she is guilty or undesirable. And nobody should be killed from drones or by covert action because some high official thinks he should. If you condone killing people because you think they might be dangerous, or some future threat, then you are part of the problem and give comfort to those who are destroying this very wall that we are trying to rebuild.

Now is the time for believers to applaud, appreciate and highlight action that is in keeping with rebuilding this wall. Let us remember what Jesus said to his disciples that stopped a man from preaching Christ because he did not belong to their group: "For he that is not against us is on our part." (Mark 9:40). Just because someone is branded an enemy of America, often for political reasons, does not make him an enemy of the Cross of Christ.

President Putin of Russia, a bogeyman for the American Mass Media, did something decent and highly moral when he went against an all-girl pop-group with an obscene name, who tried to scandalise Russia with obscenities and sexual lewdness. He was denounced by the American Mass Media but he should have been applauded by believers, but he wasn't. This same Mass Media delights in and peddles, almost unceasingly, the trashy performances offered by pop icons like Justin Bieber, Rihanna and Miley Cyrus among others.

The President of Uganda just signed a law enforcing the illegality of homosexual acts, The Anti-Homosexuality Bill, a law similar to the ones in the developed world before they became "post-Christian", and the USA made a public statement in response saying that Uganda would be punished by the withdrawal of US Aid but I have not seen the Christian websites applauding Uganda's action. Uganda should be applauded and supported by believers for its courageous action.

Anybody who cares about decency, morality and Christian values should understand that the Biblical outlawing of homosexuality was not some mindless aberration, far from it. It was part of the same code that banned sex with animals, sex with your parents, sex with your aunt, sex with your father's wife, etc., as recorded in Leviticus 18:6-23. What is happening is that the Godless society is chipping away at these honourable judgments and ordinances of God one by one and their intention is to do away with them all; for this is the Satanic agenda.

Understand that homosexuality to genuine believers is like pork to Jews; it will never be acceptable no matter how it is dressed up. Jews died the most gruesome death when, "the Greek Antiochus IV Epiphanes, ruler of the Greek Seleucid Empire, carried out a relentless campaign against the Jews and around 170 BC, erected the Greek god Zeus in the Jerusalem Temple, sacrificed a pig on its altar and tried to force Jews to eat the sacrificial pork and when they refused he cut out their tongues and burnt the Jews on the altar. This act is known as the "Abomination in the Temple" and thereafter the Jews abandoned the Temple and it vanished through dereliction." (Excerpt from my book One Minute To Midnight On God's Clock)

Believers, without prejudice, must look at what is going on across the world and stand firm with those who are on God's side and doing the things God wants, and most importantly support them when they do. This may not be popular but this is the right thing to do, and of necessity has to be done, if we are serious about rebuilding the wall God has established for all humanity.

Nehemiah showed us what can be done when people come together as one, put aside their fears, roll up their sleeves and make up their minds that the wall is to be rebuilt now for the people said, "And they said, Let us rise up and build." (Nehemiah 2:18). United action like this never fails and the Bible happily says, "So the wall was finished in the twenty and fifth day of the month Elul, in fifty and two days." (Nehemiah 6:15).

The wall was finished, the task accomplished and the reproach taken away from the Jews; they were no longer a laughing stock since they had regained their dignity and self-esteem and could lift their heads again with joy and satisfaction.

The Jews faced much opposition and extremely discouraging circumstances but they stuck to the task and completed the job and went on to do other important work.

And so can believers and we must not delay for the right time is now.

Now is the time for believers to start rebuilding while asking God to keep his promise to "heal our land" in accordance with 2 Chronicles 7:14. God says he will keep his promises, "And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform." (Romans 4:21) and we must take him at his word and do our portion and test God, yea expect God to keep his word. This is faith in action and the Bible shows that Almighty God will move heaven and earth to honour his word.

Now is the time for believers to get right with God, put our spiritual, moral and devotional house in order, and awake out of slumber, and stop expecting others to do the work while we stand by or pray, or hope that things will turn themselves around, because they won't and we will be making the same mistakes that led to the wall being breached in the first place.

Now is the time for believers to show real love for each other and for our decadent brothers and sisters by standing in the breach and if necessary sacrificing ourselves in an effort to save some. We are not going to save all no matter how hard we try for even the Apostle Paul accepted such limitations, "...I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some." (1 Corinthians 9:22)

The world knows how to destroy, and they have done so with Satan in the lead; but believers are determined and know how to build and to rebuild and with God leading us we shall not fail because, "...the joy of the LORD is your strength." (Nehemiah 8:10) and we are powerfully strong, "...Your help will not come from your own strength and power. No, your help will come from my Spirit.." (Zechariah 4:6 Easy-to-Read Version)

So get involved, the rebuilding has started, all prayers and acts of faith are welcome but above all getting your hands dirty rebuilding the wall is the most welcome of all.

Enough said.

Books by this author (non-fiction except indicated otherwise)

E-books Published by Amazon.com
If you do not have a Kindle then when you access the site, click on How Buying Works and you will see the FREE apps for Computer, Cell phone, etc Then click as appropriate.

(Please click on the appropriate book link or cut and paste in your URL)

THINGS EVERY CHRISTIAN SHOULD KNOW (e-book)
Volume 1 Five tough facts to be faced
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004YX5NSI

STAND UP TO THE DEVIL (e-book)
Volume 1 You must first identify him
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005BQVLSS

BASTARD: A STORY OF REDEMPTION(e-book fiction)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006OF3SD6

ONE MINUTE TO MIDNIGHT ON GOD'S CLOCK (Hard copy)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002X78D16

ONE MINUTE TO MIDNIGHT ON GOD'S CLOCK (e-book)
http://tatepublishing.com/bookstore/book.php?w=978-1-60799-630-9

Dr. Henderson Ward received his Doctor of Divinity in theology, with distinction, from Masters International School of Divinity, USA, where he is currently a post-doctoral fellow. Dr. Ward's career involved pastoring, evangelism, and teaching. Copyright 2017

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print