A "Wow God" Experience
by Florence Simmons

Grabbing my sunglasses and water bottle I hurried out the door and started my exercise walk. The morning was one of those just right days: sunny, perfect temperature and a slight breeze.

Walking provided me the opportunity to gaze at the many points of interest, enjoy the freshness of the day, and pray. I could sense the joy of the moments as I began to praise Jesus for His immediate blessings, for the way He has led me, for the beauty of the day and for answered prayers.

On my return I lifted my sunglasses for a moment, gazed at the sky and exclaimed, "Wow!" The beauty of the sky captivated me. It had a gathering of small cirrus clouds patterned in a unique formation, and the royal blue background brilliantly set it off. This scripture popped into my mind, "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hand" (Psalm 19:1, NIV).

The scene, although not spectacular, stirred an overwhelming joy that grabbed my heart. The exclamation I released was so unexpected that I sensed it for many hours afterward. Isn't it interesting that our God can "Wow" us any time and any place He so desires? Today, look for your own "Wow God" experience.

Florence Simmons is an author, freelance writer, and a pastor's wife who has been in ministry for over forty years. Link on her website, www.common-sensewisdom.com, contact her at [email protected].

Florence Simmons is a pastor's wife, a freelance writer and an author. Her writings train us how to apply God's Word to our lives. Follow her, www.common-sensewisdom.com, [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print