Gospel Gleanings
by PamFord Davis

We once lived in the California Coachella Valley. It is fertile farmland; the city of Indio has had the distinction of world's largest producer of the date (oval fruit). They grow on very tall palm trees. Vegetable farmers often plow a variety of crops under at the end of the season; yet, the generous give people an opportunity to gather what they want first. One year, we had as much cauliflower as we could eat.

The gleaning of fields is scriptural. "When you reap the harvest of your land, you shall not reap your field to its very border, neither shall you gather the gleanings after you harvest. And you shall not strip your vineyard bare, neither shall you gather the fallen grapes of your vineyard; you shall leave them for the poor and for the sojourner: I am the LORD your God (Leviticus 19:9-10 RSV)."

God blesses me with spiritual food; I feed daily upon his word. He allows me to glean from his gospel; there is always an ample supply. Yet, I am not to hoard what I receive; instead, he encourages me to share from his rich bounty. I intend to glean from his gospel of grace the rest of my life. Within scripture, God shows the way to eternal life, through his Son, Jesus. It also serves as a light to guide in my decision-making. Begin to glean today; you'll be glad you did!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print