Only Believe
by PamFord Davis

We are prone to remember faltering faith in individuals far longer than their victories.

Fill in the blank: "____ Thomas."

If you blurted "Doubting Thomas," you are in good company. Bible scholars and scoffers alike link doubt with Thomas. The disciple would not believe in Jesus resurrection until he saw and touched the crucifixion wounds.

"So the other disciples kept telling him, 'We have seen the Lord!' But he said to them, 'If I don't see the mark of the nails in His hands, put my finger into the mark of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will never believe (John 20:25 HCS)!"

Jesus put Thomas' doubts to rest. He appeared to Thomas and the other disciples and gave Thomas the opportunity to both see and touch Him. (John 20:26-27) I encourage you to focus on the life of the victorious, "believing" Thomas.

"Thomas responded to Him, 'My Lord and my God!' Jesus said, 'Because you have seen Me, you have believed. Those who believe without seeing are blessed (John 21:28-29 HCS)." Only believe....

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print