Can I be trusted?
by Hannah Idowu

The word TRUST is defined as a firm reliance on the integrity, ability or character of a person. Having no doubts whatsoever, it is a feeling of security, believe and reliability.

Trust in a relationship is one of the most vital elements. It is the foundation on which a relationship is built. Without trust, the relationship will produce fruits of unsecured behaviour such as distrust, doubt, suspicions, lying, possessiveness, jealousy and controlled issues.

Guy Greenfield once wrote that "Trust....... is the gateway to depth" that means, a relationship that must last long has to be rooted in trust. It is trust that makes a man sleep peacefully when his wife is abroad and vice versa. I have been asked several times what I would do if my partner was away from home for a long time, I have been asked if I trust him enough, well, of course the answer is, I know the kind of man I married, I know what he can and can't do, I would not have sleepless nights wondering if he is with another woman.

When trust is in place, you can accurately predict each others' behaviour at any point in time, you can tell what the other person will say and do. Speaking from experience, there have been occasions i gave answers to questions just as my husband would say it in his absence, and also i have taken decisions rightly just as he would want me to.

Trust is a great virtue of character that a person holds. How can two people live together day in and day out without trusting themselves? Each time your partner wants to go out, there is war within and without, if he or she is five minutes late, hell will break loose or if he or she hangs out with the opposite sex, there is always a rumbling in your stomach not because of hunger but that of anger and jealousy which has been birth out of lack of trust. You keep wondering, "What are they saying?", "why are they laughing", why are they standing so close?"

You should be able to trust each other enough not to care (that is, not be jealous, envious or even suspicious) if he or she is talking or even shaking hands with the opposite sex. When there is trust, intimacy will be able to grow and flourish as intimacy itself is oneness, "for this cause a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh" Gen 2: 24.

Trust brings about unity in a relationship, when there is unity, there will be progress, Gen 11:6 "And the Lord said, behold, THE PEOPLE IS ONE, and they have all ONE LANGUAGE; and this they begin to do: and now NOTHING WILL BE RESTRAINED FROM THEM, which they have imagined to do".

In conclusion, Trust in a relationship can be earned, by being transparent and honest at all times.

I enjoy reading motivational books and the bible hence as i am inspired i find myself either composing a song or poetry. I call them my moments of intimacy with the Most High God. 
[email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print