We Choose
by PamFord Davis

We view the word through the concept of contrasts. "It's as different as night and day!" Most check the weather forecast daily; yes, meteorologists predict a high temperature for the day and low for the night. Most often, there is a vast difference between the night and day; nighttime is a time of darkness. During the day, we experience light.

John opens his gospel with imagery of light and darkness. Describing Jesus, he penned, "All things were made through him. Nothing was made without him. In him there was life. That life was light for the people of the world. The Light shines in the darkness. And the darkness has not overpowered the Light (John 1:3-5 NCV)."

Typecasting in most westerns was obvious. Good guys wore the white hats. In reality, it's not always easy to discern which side individuals have taken. Yet, there is the same contrast of dark and light. We choose darkness of evil or light of the Word. "And when we live in the light, the blood of the death of Jesus, God's Son, is making us clean from every sin (1 John 1:7b NCV)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print