Are You Worthy
by Paul Taylor

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. Gen.1:3

And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. Gen.1:6

And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so. Gen.1:9

And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so. Gen.1:11

And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: Gen.1:14

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven Gen.1:20

And God went on to speak His creation into existence, all the plants, the animals, the birds, the fish. and his crowning achievement." MAN"

All of these verses indicate that God, in his Majesty and Glory spoke all of creation into existence with " WORDS" ,. except man, whom he personally formed with his own hands, putting His personal touch,. and breathing His spirit ,into a lifeless form that was suppose to glorify His name, and have a personal relationship with.

But, alas that wasn't to be the case.

Satan had other plans, and as man we always assume the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, and fail to take into account the consequences of our greed and pride, listening instead, to Satan as he chips away at that pride.

The amazing thing about this creation event, is, nothing rebuked, made excuses or attempted to change what or whom He had created, OR ATTEMPTED TO SUE HIM FOR SOME TYPE OF AGE, SEX, RELIGIOUS, OR GENDER DISCRIMINATION.

No! Everything was "VERY GOOD"

Today we make promises with a flurry of words and phrases such as

"I swear on my Mothers grave",

" I'll do anything it takes regardless of the consequences",

"Just give me that position or job and I will neglect everything else to assure the tasks are completed"

And that's as far it goes with most in today's world, for as soon as they have attained the prize, the promise is forgotten.

We'll worry about the consequences later.

As human nature would have it, we will say or do anything to have our way, and we will use any word or combination of phrases to convince the other party of our sincerity.

But, is all of this necessary?

Did Jesus use all these phrases and promises to the Scribes, the Pharisees, the people, Rabbi's? NO!

Jesus used the scripture and phrases such as yes and no.

Remember, Jesus was our example and we are to follow that example.

We live in a time when the truth is often the first casualty of any relationship.

We have an enormous system of lawyers , contracts, notaries and binding signatures to, supposedly ensure that we, and or, the other does what we say we will do, and with thousands of laws to punish those which fail, and at least that many loopholes and crooked lawyers to help us escape from our promised words.

This doesn't make people any more truthful, in essence it only emboldens them to find more loopholes and wiggle room to escape from their insincere words and deeds.

Most look for ways out of a binding agreement before they even sign, .than for ways to honestly keep it.

A recent study by Barna Research182 found that only 22% of adults in America, believe there is even such a thing as absolute moral truth. That means 78% believe in lying to achieve their goals.

Now do you see why there are so many Lawyers.

Do you see why there is so much fraud and deceit in our society?

And as Gomer Pyle would say "SURPRISE, SURPRISE"

Here's the clincher!

This study found, that, related to those who profess to be "born again" Christians;

And "Born Again" was defined as "people who said they have made a personal commitment to Jesus Christ; that he is still important in their life today, and believe that upon death, they will ascend straight to Heaven because they had confessed their sins and had accepted Jesus as their savior."

Is this not the new preaching techniques of the mega churches, and the tel-evangelists preaching a gospel of Prosperity and once you are saved you are always saved? And send me that seed offering so God will give you all the fame and fortune you can handle!!

I believe they need to read the BOOK!

Now among that specific group, claiming to be "BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS", Now pay attention to this, because this is the clincher.

Only 32% of adults, and only 9% of teenagers said they believe moral truth is unchanging or absolute. Now these are BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS

Did you get that?

Only 32% of Adults and 9% of the teens believe in the moral truth.

That means that 68% of the confessing Christians, that's is over 2/3, and 91% of teenagers, that is 9 out of 10, confessing to be Christians, don't believe that truth is an essential element of morals.

Revelation 17:2 is being fulfilled before our very eyes today folks . and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

HAVE YOU LOOKED AT THE WORLD AROUND YOU LATELY?

The word drunk in Rev 17:2 actually refers to a state of confusion

With the vast number of different Christian denominations in the USA, (over 1200 and counting ) and hundreds of varying translations of the Holy Bible; some eliminating entire scripture verses and some changing to suit their agenda; then there are those serving alcoholic beverages during Bible Studies, referring to them as "BIBLE ON TAP", folks, the world has gone mad.

The Christian World seems to be thumbing their noses at God, the Creator of Heaven and Earth, the one that gave his life for them.

CAN YOU SAY CONFUSION? . and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

The more wine a person drinks the more intoxicated he becomes. The more different versions of preaching the Gospel the more confused the people become.

An intoxicated, or drunk, individual cannot be reasoned with, regardless of how you try to deal with them.

The vast number of denominations and Bible translations in today's world has created confusion to the point that Christianity is not taken seriously anymore. Christianity is now the butt of comedians jokes, ridiculed and persecuted. Those following the prosperity gospel of the once saved, always saved, will defend their positions like a cornered animal, but are unable to give supporting scripture for their philosophy.

We have completely lost our moral compass in this modern age, where truth is lies, lies are truth, good is evil, evil is good, and anything moral is offensive and the list could go on, but I hope you get the picture of what we look like to the rest of God's universe.

Let's look at Matthew 5:33-37

33 Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths: Ex 20:7 Num 30:2 Dt 23:21 Lev 19:12

34 But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:
35 Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.
36 Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black.
37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

James 5:12 reiterates the foregoing verse with:

But above all, my brethren, do not swear, either by heaven or by earth or with any other oath; but let your yes be yes, and your no, no; so that you may not fall under judgment (James 5:12).

If we are to be Christ like and have Christ as our example, then our word should be more than a gaggle of phrases and signatures. When we say something or promise something then that is our duty and obligation to fulfill that promise or word and we should never, never commit to anything which is above or beyond our ability as humans to achieve, just to take satisfaction in the fact that " Hey Look at me"

Ezekial 16:15 But thou didst trust in thine own beauty, and playedst the harlot because of thy renown, and pouredst out thy fornications on every one that passed by; his it was.

Proverbs 16:18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

We as Christians, should be the first line of defense in the truth and in keeping our word, regardless of the consequences.

Isaiah 29:13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men: Mt 15:8,9 Mark 7:6,7

A day is fast approaching when confessing to being a Christian, or following Christian principles, you will be persecuted and in some cases killed if you take a stand for the truth and refuse to deny Jesus Christ as your personal Savior.

The Governor of Arizona recently caved in to political pressure from the homosexual agenda, and congressmen signing a bill into law which made it illegal for you to stand up for your Christian principles in denying service to any gay person, when doing so would conflict with your religious beliefs.

This stemmed from several cases in the past several years, where a Photographer in New Mexico refused to perform photography services for a Lesbian couple. They did not approve of this lifestyle as it was in opposition to their Christian morals and beliefs, as the Bible forbids such relationships.

The New Mexico Supreme Court ruled in 2013 that The Photographer discriminated and must pay penalties. She and her Husband are Appealing . They stood for God's principles, rather than for mans.

Another business, in Oregon, a family owned Christian Bakery, is facing a $50,000 fine and the loss of their business for refusing to make a wedding cake for a lesbian couple. The bakery is standing their ground by declaring, "Christ outweighs state law and if push came to shove I am willing to lose my business and face whatever penalties the state may levy".

Acts 5:29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men

These business people followed Peter and the apostles example; they obeyed God's principles rather than man's.

I believe there were others whom refused to compromise the truth such as Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah: whom accepted the consequences of their refusal, because they put their full trust and faith in the only one that mattered; GOD

Their loyalty was to their creator and he protected them, bringing them through the fiery furnace and the lion's den.

Are we better than those who have gone before?

Do we believe that God will not protect us from the ones that are dead set against us because of the morals we stand for?

Folks, the laws are being passed at an alarming rate against the Christian faith, and we have a President and a congress that are the most anti-Christian in the history of this nation.

We have a City Council in Columbia who are also anti-Christian in their laws and ordinances. It will now cost $75 per hour for charitable or Christian organizations to feed the homeless and hungry in any city park, and you have to obtain the permit weeks in advance.

In Florida recently the USDA ordered a private Christian organization, which had been feeding the less fortunate of the town for over thirty years, to remove all posters, banners, literature and anything relating to Christianity, and not attempt to evangelize to the poor, hand out Bibles or tracts, or their meager donations of surplus food items would be withdrawn.

They refused to comply with USDA, and instead put their faith and trust in the only one that matters. Jesus Christ.

WE NEED MORE OF THESE PEOPLE TODAY, willing to stand for principles and for God.

Chaplains in the military are being threatened with court martial for mentioning the name of Jesus; schools are threatening jail for students witnessing to others; the Veterans Hospital in Texas refused to allow Christmas cards to the Veterans that contained anything Christian, and the list can go on. The persecutions are intensifying and those who compromise today.. will compromise tomorrow.

God will provide, He never fails and He never goes back on his word. He fulfilled his word with the blood of his only son Jesus Christ, who paid the price for our lies and disobedience to his moral code.

Open your Bible to 1st Corinthians 6:9-10 And 2nd Timothy 3:1-5

1 Corinthians 6:9,10 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

And 2nd Timothy gives a 2000 year future prophecy.

2nd Timothy 3:1-5 1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Now read it again, this time V-E-R-Y S-L-O-W-L-Y absorb each line of those two sets of text, and ask yourself, with an unbiased honesty .WHICH CATEGORY DO I FIT IN?

Study these verses deeply and look into the depths of your soul,.. only you can answer honestly with God,. he already sees and knows,. but it is you,. and only you who can determine your worthiness in the eyes of God.

I will end with this last verse of scripture from Revelation;

Revelation 22:10-12 10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand. 11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. 12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Now is the time of salvation. You are not promised tomorrow or the next hour.

Your decision will determine where you spend eternity. ETERNAL DEATH or ETERNAL HEAVEN with the One who died for you.

The harvest is past, the summer is ended, and we are not saved. Jer.8:20


Paul Taylor 3/07/2014 All verses KJV copyright 2014 rev3/12/14

Paul Taylor a Christian writer attempting to get the truth out to the masses before it is too late

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print