LOVE OF GOD
by Ethel C Pechman

We know that God loves us. He tells us in John 3:16: "God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him will have eternal life." What does God mean by saying, "He gave his only begotten Son?" God refers to the fact that Jesus was born a man so that he could be a sacrifice for us, so that our sins would be forgiven by him.

We know that Mary was chosen to carry God's Son, Jesus, in her womb so Jesus could come to earth in a living body. God chose Mary to act as Jesus' mother so that he could come to be with us on earth. He came as a baby so that he could live amongst us to learn how we act and live our lives. I believe in that way Jesus was able to teach us about what heaven is like and be able to prepare us to accept the teachings of God.

I as a child clearly wanted to see and talk with Jesus. In fact, I asked him why he did not come to stay on earth to be with us. It was then that I had a vision of Jesus with his arms outstretched. It was only for a second, but I was happy to have seen him, and I have never forgotten that vision of him.

Jesus is Love. his love is his doctrine. Everything he talks about concerns love. He wants us to love others as we love ourselves. He wants us to love our neighbors. He teaches us how to love by showing us how he loves everyone. He shows us his love by healing people, by giving them sight if they are blind, by forgiving their sins, and making them right with himself.

He chose 12 disciples to teach them how to love and to show them how they are to love others. Jesus did not come to condemn us or to punish us for our sins. He came to love us and show us how we could love others no matter what the circumstances are. Jesus spoke of being lowly, of not placing himself above others. He wants us to understand that he himself is love. His love is so great that we can be healed just by touching His garment.

His greatest act of love is what he did for us. When he was on the cross, he was accused, threatened, submitted to acts of hate toward himself. He loved even those who harassed him, who whipped him with whips with iron pins on the ends. He loved those who ridiculed him. He did not reproach them. He completely loved them even while he was on the cross. He did not cry out or blame anyone. He forgave one man who was also on a cross nearby. The man understood that Jesus loved him and did not condemn him, even though he was being punished as a criminal.

Why do we fear and agonize over believing in him and accepting him as he is. We do it because we are sinners, because we are unforgiving toward those who hurt us. We are concerned with ourselves. We are unrighteous. We need to ask Jesus to forgive us and ask him to take possession of our hearts. We truly need him.

There is a song entitled, "The Love of God"
The love of God is greater far
Than tongue or pen can ever tell.
It goes beyond the highest star
And reaches the lowest hell
.Could we with ink the ocean fill,
And were the skies of parchment made,
Were every stalk on earth a quill,
And every man a scribe by trade,
To write the love of God above
Would drain the ocean dry,
Nor could the scroll contain the whole,
Though stretched from sky to sky.

He, himself, is total love. He loves you!

I love writing and have written much during my lifetime, but have only recently considered publishing my work.

[email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print