Putting Me in My Place
by PamFord Davis

Ever had someone put you in your place? Hmm, that is either a growing experience or one that stunts our growth. It can be particularly humiliating when done by one of our peers. If you are among others, you react either with anger, or in admission, act upon their reprimand. It is a humbling experience to fall from a self-erected pedestal.

The LORD alone is worthy of exaltation. "For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones (Isaiah 57:15 KJV)."

Note Jehovah's place of habitation; he resides in eternity! Yet, he delights in exalting the humble. "Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you (1 Peter 5:6-7 KJV)." I cannot comprehend such compassion.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print