First Love
by Faith Noles

Is Jesus first in your lifefirst in everything you do?
Is He more important than your family and friends? Is He everything to you?
Do you wonder if you please Him every time you speak?
Is He just your God on Sunday, or do you serve Him throughout the week?
God is a jealous GodHe demands your love, your all.
We are to put Him first in our life, to always listen to His call.
You may be living a moral life, yet your love for God is dim,
Our most important aim is to give more love to Him.
Jesus must be ruler of your heart, prompting all that you do,
He must be first in your life, and be everything to you.

In Revelations 2:4, KJV, Jesus directed John to write to the church of Ephesus: " I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love." Most Bible scholars believe the seven churches in Revelation represent the condition of the church in separate ages throughout the history of the church. However, the message to the church of Ephesus can apply to us all.

Jesus commended this church for their patience and steadfastness; yet, He had somewhat against them because they had left their first love. I'm sure every Christian can remember the day you accepted Jesus as your personal Savior. Your heart just bubbled over with love for Him. You couldn't wipe the smile off your face or hide the joy in your heart. You fell in love with Jesus much more passionately than that of 'being in love' in a human relationship. Jesus was your all.

Has your love grown dim? Our love for Christ should grow more and more each day. But, unfortunately, this is not always the case. Oftentimes, we lose perspective of Jesus. We fail to put Christ first in our lives and instead push Him aside to a more convenient position. Many Christians, at some point, decide unwisely to honor such things as human relationships, entertainment, wealth, fame or pride above Jesus Christ.God says in Deuteronomy 6:5, KJV "And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." Jesus reaffirmed that this was the first commandment in Mark 12:30, KJV.

Friend, Jesus must be first and foremost in your life. He said that if you loved father or mother more than Him, that you were not worthy of Him. He must be the most important aspect of your life, for He is life itself. "For in Him we live, and move, and have our being." Acts 17:28, KJV

Faith Noles is a retired Registered Nurse, wife, mother and grandmother who is passionate about spreading the gospel.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print