Commencement
by PamFord Davis

High school commencement services are good places to gauge the confidence level of future leaders. Gaze into the eyes of graduates and read their facial expressions. Listen to the valedictorian's carefully prepared speech; the words bring a congratulatory message of challenge and hope. God gives us the ability to use our words as agents of challenge.

"You therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. And the things which you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, these entrust to faithful men, who will be able to teacher others also. Suffer hardship with me, as a good soldier of Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 2:1-3 NAS)."

Hardship is hard to swallow; yet, the Apostle Paul did not want to leave a false impression of ease in the mind of Timothy. He had enlisted in kingdom service; as a soldier; he would experience conflicts with the opposition and Satan's horde of demons. Paul's personal challenge invokes a renewed calling in my spirit.

"Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, handling accurately the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15 NAS)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print