Reason
by PamFord Davis

"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool (Isaiah 1:18 KJV)."

To lovers of scripture, this is a familiar verse. Due to its timely reference to white snow, pastors often use it in Christmas time sermons. In my pastor's recent message, he referred to the verse and it triggered one of my favorite Proverbs passages.

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths (Proverbs 3:5-6 KJV)." Follow my 'reasoning.'

The LORD invites us to reason together with him. Yet, through King Solomon, writer of Proverbs, the LORD warns me against leaning on my own understanding. He has a good 'reason.' Without his Holy Spirit's guidance and instruction, I can't think straight!

God offers a new way of reasoning. "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned (1 Corinthians 2:14 KJV). He equips me with supernatural reasoning.

"For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16 KJV)." Ah, hah, there is the secret. I must reject my reasoning, receive and 'rely' on Christ.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print