Discerning of Spirits 3
by Henry Miranda

There are 9 powerful gifts of the spirit from the bible: 1 Corinthians 12:10: 1) Word of Wisdom 2) Word of Knowledge 3) Faith 4) Gifts of Healing 5) Working of Miracles 6) Prophecy 7) Discerning of Spirits 8) Divers (or different) kinds of Tongues 9) Interpretation of (different) Tongues

Why is it that The scriptures' warns of false prophet, false teacher and even a false Christ?

Discerning of Spirits along with the word of knowledge and word of wisdom are Revelation Gifts. (Revelation is the revealing or disclosing of some form of truth or knowledge).

Discerning of Spirits is Recognizing what is of God versus the world, the flesh, and the devil.

Example: Paul recognizing that the girl in Philippi had a spirit of divination. Acts 16:16

It's possible for a Christian to come under the influence of a spirit whether from God or the devil; hence it is the function of "the gift of discernment of spirits" to judge whether a given act or repetitions of acts flows from the Holy Spirit, demonic spirit, or the human spirit.

Spirits can be summarized under three headings:

1. The Holy Spirit: which always inclines us to do good?
2. Demonic spirit: which always inclines us to do evil?
3. The human spirit: which may be inclined to do either good or evil, depending upon whether we follow right reason or selfish desires?

Satan is always out there waiting to ensnare you in your sins to take away your God given freedom. That's why so important to learn to hear God's spirit which is the part of learning to walk in the spirit.

Discerning of spirits must be done by the power of the Holy Spirit; He bears witness with our spirit when something is or is not of God. The gift of discerning of spirits is the supernatural power to detect the realm of the spirits and their activities

We need to learn to listen to the Holy Spirit and to obey the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit will not force you to do anything you don't want to do. It is only the human spirit, and the spirits of the falling Angels that have a desire to dominate and control you.

So many people could be led astray from the true Gospel of Jesus Christ by a man preaching doctrines that completely contradicted the Word of God, he can use "smooth talk and flattery" to deceive people.

How do you spot a false teacher? Start by asking the Holy Spirit to guide you to know the truth when you hear it.

How can you tell a false prophet, false teacher and even a false Christ? By Observing what a person does. In Matthew 7:15-20, Jesus explains that false prophets are known by their fruit - by their conduct and actions. Observing whether or not a person exalts Jesus Christ as the Son of God and as Lord and Saviour (I Corinthians 12:3). By listening to what a person says (I John 4:1-3). Does their confession line up with the truth of God's Word?

1. The Bible warns us to be careful about what doctrines we believe and teach.
2. The Bible teaches that church leaders (including teachers) must be held to very high standards.
3. God repeatedly warns His people that some who claim to speak for Him are actually false teachers.
4. The Bible teaches that false doctrines can be dangerous.
5. The Bible teaches that we must test every teacher, correct their errors, and even rebuke them if necessary.
6. We are to humbly love and respect our leaders and teachers. We must never judge them self-righteously, hypocritically, or with sinful motives.

Be careful you don't miss judge

Matthew 7:1 (NKJV) 1 "Judge not, that you be not judged.

Keep an open mind wait until you know all the facts before having an opinion or making a judgment. While remaining wholly aware, and willing to accept the possibility, those false teachers, false prophets, false apostles, and false doctrines may be wrong.


Bible Verses Related to False Prophets/ Teachers


1 Corinthians 12:7-11 (NKJV)
7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all:
8 for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit,
9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit,
10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues.
11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.

Colossians 2:8 (NKJV)
8 Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ.

Jesus Warns about False Teachers/ false prophets
Matthew 7:15-20 (NKJV)
15 "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.
16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles?
17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit.
19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Matthew 24:4 (NKJV)
4 And Jesus answered and said to them: "Take heed that no one deceives you.
Matthew 24:11 (NKJV)
11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.

Matthew 24:23-24 (NKJV)
23 Then if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or 'There!' do not believe it.
24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

Acts 20:28-31 (NKJV)
28 Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.
29 For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock.
30 Also from among yourselves men will rise up, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after themselves.
31 Therefore watch, and remember that for three years I did not cease to warn everyone night and day with tears.

2 Peter 2:1-3 (NKJV)
1 But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction.
2 And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed.
3 By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words; for a long time their judgment has not been idle, and their destruction does not slumber.

1 Timothy 4:1 (NKJV)
1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,

Galatians 1:6-9 (NKJV)
6 I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel,
7 which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.
9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.

2 Corinthians 11:13-15 (NKJV)
13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ.
14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.

1 John 4:1-3 (NKJV)
1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God,
3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

Evangelist Henry Miranda earned a Bachelor of Christian Ministry degree @ Christian Leadership University. Evangelist Henry Miranda is a Bible Teacher, Author, and Guest Speaker and, with the help of the Holy Spirit, has written ten books. You can reach @  //www.evangelize-for-jesus-ministries.co

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print