To My Unborn Child
by Shakera Reid-Stewart

Maternal instinct leads me to pray for the grace of God to shine upon you.
From the moment of your conception, to the time that you will go home to see His face,
Know that this world will not be easy to contend with.
Human nature complicates and corrupts,
It distorts and it sours even the best of intentions.
There will be snares and trials that obstruct every good thing that you desire in life,
But I implore you to trust.
Dare to believe that God has a plan.
The love that I have for you that shines so brightly comes from He who gives life.
It is because of Him that I can look clearly to the future and see your face.

If there ever comes a time that we should be apart,
I am confident that I have equipped you with the characteristics of a virtuous person.
Although it is not my desire to instill fear of the world in you,
It is important that you can perceive dangers as you stumble upon them.
Know that if love is truly at the root of all your deeds, you shall prosper.
Know that prosperity doesn't always mean financial satisfaction.
Know that financial satisfaction will not always be your lot in life.
But, know that if you adhere to God's plan, and allow Him to lead you,
He will supply all your needs and you shall want for nothing.

I pray every blessing upon you, for I have experienced this world.
I have seen what it offers, the good and the bad.
The sky is the limit and so much awaits you on the horizon.
On this the beginning of another year, I have come to find that life is what you make it.
My gifts to you, child of mine, are these few words of wisdom,
My hope and prayer is that the overwhelming love that I have for you,
Makes you into a person of distinction and great integrity.

All rights reserved
Shakera Reid was born in Kingston, Jamaica and raised in Miramar, Florida. Her passion in life is counseling and educating youth. Hobbies include reading, writing and watching movies. Her hope is to encourage others through her writing and to help them in their Christian walk.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print