Show Him the Place
by Babangida Joseph

When Jesus came to Lazarus' town of Bethany, He asked, "where did you lay him?" He didn't ask how he was buried. He didn't ask to be shown the autopsy result to ascertain the cause of his death. He was more interested in finding where he lay buried. Why? It is because it was from the place where he lay dead that He can call him back to life. How you squandered and killed your gifts and talents, how you killed your marriage, how you messed up the life of your kids is not as important as showing Jesus where you want Him to call those dead areas and bring them back to life.

However, sometimes the troubles that confront you may not be your fault. It was nobody's fault that Lazarus died. Still they showed Jesus the place of his burial. It may not be your fault that your marriage ended in divorce. It may not be your fault that your children are skewed and out of control. It wasn't your fault that the economy was bad. It may not be your fault that your job was terminated. It is possible that you are not to be blamed over that sickness eating you up day by day. Ultimately, it may not be your fault have to buried everything you felt is beyond resurrecting. All you have to do is show Him where your hopes, dreams and aspirations concerning your marriage, your family, your health, and your finances lay buried.

Notice again that it was not the day that Lazarus died that Jesus visited the tomb. He delayed for four days before going to Bethany. It may be days, months or even years that your Lazarus has been lying dead. Just one visit from Jesus will suffice. For some of you, you may have to retrace your footsteps to the very place where you buried your faith, where you stopped believing God's promises and accepted the devil's lies that it is all over. For some, you have dig up the talent that you buried in the ground. Okay, you may not have the courage, the strength or the tools to dig up what you buried and left to die and rot. All that Jesus is asking is that you point the spot where you laid it. His job is to call it back to life.

The sons of the prophets, when trying to get building materials to enlarge where they were staying had a problem. As one of them was trying to cut down a tree, the ax head came off and fell into river Jordan. To make matters worse, the ax was borrowed. They were so impoverished to hire others to raise the accommodation for them. They were so poor they could not afford to buy the materials they needed for the building. Their only option was to go borrowing. Little wonder he was distraught when the ax head fell. How true the statement that those who go a - borrowing go a-sorrowing.

But even with circumstances that make us go a-borowing, God can take it away for good only if you will believe. For all things are possible to those who believe(). You may be at the stage of borrowing right now. But He sees and knows what you need. If you will stay with God, remain firm in Him, then He can still set things up for you that even when you go a- borrowing, you will come out not a-sorrowing but with rejoicing having more than enough to meet your needs. Remember the widow whom Elisha the prophet instructed to go borrow vessels? It is so that she will not go a-sorrowing. She had abundant supplies to sustain her family for many days.

Anyways, Elisha the prophet asked him, "where did it fall?" And when he showed him, he threw a stick at the spot and the iron did swim to the surface. The ax head was supposed to sink. It was supposed to be buried at the bottom of the river. Gravity was supposed to act against the ax head. Thank God for the dilligence of the man who lost the ax head. Though he was not careful enough to notice that the ax head was about to come off so he could fix it, he was able to spot the place where it fell.

You may not have been able to stop the deterioration in your family, but can you spot the place where the deterioration started? You have lost your love for the things of God, can you retrace your footsteps and show him the spot where the love was strangled to death and buried? Like the prodigal son, wouldn't it be wise for you to retrace your steps back to where you know you were meant to be?

God is willing to suspend natural laws to resurrect what you let die. Be willing to show Him the spot. What was meant to sink is about to swim to the surface. What the devil designed to end in obscurity, God is about to bring it to notoriety. It is not yet over.

People may have written you off. They may have concluded that you are dead, buried and gone for good. In their estimation, you are already stinking. That may be the fact but not the truth. The truth for is what God says concerning you: the plans I have for good are for good not evil to give you a future and a hope. Eye has not seen, ear has not heard neither has it entered into the heart of men the things that God has prepared for you. It means then that it is not over. This is your truth!

Where did you lay your 'Lazarus'? Show it to Jesus. Where is the spot or what point did you lost your 'axhead'? If Lazarus - dead and stinking could come back to life, what makes you think that dead issue in your life won't resurrect? If an iron - that was supposed to sink immediately it touches water, could swim back to the surface, what makes you assume the dead issues in your life have sunk for good never to be seen again? God can cause that which have sunk to the bottom of the river swim back to the surface again.

Finally, if Jesus, who had power to lay His life willingly and take it back up again, if He defeated death and resurrected in full glory, He can do it for you. Just show Him where you laid it. The angels at Jesus' tomb told the women, 'come see where He lay. He is no longer here. He is risen.' And if He is risen, He can resurrect what has died in our lives as we show Him the place where it lay buried.

Babangida Joseph based in Nigeria, married. Has passion to encourage, educate and enlighten christians to live life in Christ to the fullest.
2014

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print