God's View of His Name
by Gregory John Monroe

There are some groups who insist that there is only one name by which God is to be addressed. Yahweh is that name. Another group insists that He must be called Jehovah. Certainly, those are appropriate names for the Lord. But why be limited to one name when God doesn't command it?

Throughout the Bible, God reveals many other names by which He can be called. Often they describe His character. For example, we can address Him as Everlasting Father, The Holy One, Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Ancient of Days, I Am, etc. Whichever name is chosen, the important thing is to speak it with the reverence it deserves.

Of even more importance than what we call Him, these groups should be concerned about the integrity of His Word. Incredibly, some who are stuck on what name the Lord should be called have had the nerve to change God's Word. They, Jehovah Witnesses, have gone so far as to even write and publish their own Bible in a way that fits within their self-formulated doctrines.

I say that God's Word is more important and, in fact, should be exalted over His name because God Himself considers it more important and exalting. Consider what God would have us know about Him from Psalm 138: 2 "For You have magnified Your Word above all Your name."

That's the real issue making sure that we have the utmost respect for the power, wisdom, and truth of His Word, regardless of what we call Him.

Many will be shocked by Gregory's book, The Three Angels' Message. It ID's Antichrist and the "mark of the beast," and the role both are playing today in the end-time issue of worship. The book's biblical  & historical proof can't be denied. Get more info now at http://www.tinyurl.com/6pk3pyq

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print