Pick-Up-Sticks
by PamFord Davis

The 'Pick-Up-Sticks' game was a favorite of mine during early childhood years. That was back in the dark ages when getting down and back up from the floor was a snap. I can still accomplish the movement but now realize the possibility of hearing a 'hip snap' during the process. At my age, it would be safer to play the game at a table. Pick-Up-Sticks went something along these lines. I poured the colorful plastic sticks onto the floor and watched them scatter. The challenge was to pick up as many sticks as possible without jarring the rest.

The story of the early church challenges me. Early believers faced persecution and scattered; yet, they endured and grew in number. "Now they which were scattered abroad upon the persecution that arose about Stephen traveled as far as Phenice, and Cyprus, and Antioch, preaching the word to none but the Jews only. And some of them were men of Cyprus and Cyrene, which, when they were come to Antioch, spake unto the Grecians, preaching the Lord Jesus. And the hand of the Lord was with them; and a great number believed, and turned unto the Lord (Acts 11:19-21 KJV)." The Lord birthed testimonies through trials of the faithful.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print